“Another favorite restaurant”

Vaima Polynesian Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Titikaveka
Cuisines: Polynesian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are situated right on the beach. Imagine sitting on the beach with the sun setting, sipping your favourite cocktail and enjoying some of the best cuisine on the island - how romantic! We also offer a pizza take away service - forget the cooking - enjoy our pizza in your room/hotel or just sit on the beach with your feet in the water enjoying the food. We can cater for small private functions and weddings. Look forward to seeing you at the Vaima. We recommend that families book between 5.30 and 6.30 pm.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Been coming here for more than 10 years. Fish is always great. Well, everything is. Watch out for the "petit four" dessert. It isn't petit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Righto... that title was probably misleading! There's not anything really wrong with Vaima, I'm afraid that it just doesn't really spin my wheels. I am an exceptionally picky moo when it comes to eating out and I can't rave over something if I didn't personally find it rave-worthy.

The last time we came to Raro in 2012 with the kids and mum in law & brother & sister-in-law, when we ate out en masse we had to find places which would cater to the majority & that's how I'd describe Vaima.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great setting, with very friendly & attentive staff & was the busiest restaurant we visited during our 6 night stay this month so they are obviously doing heaps right.

I went back with my partner this time during our 'kid-free' (yahoo!) trip because he really enjoyed the pork dish & the salt & pepper squid starter when we last came. He ordered the same again and enjoyed it.
I got the fish of the day which was parrot fish (which I love). It was just pan fried without a hint of seasoning & very SLIGHTLY overdone. It came sitting on perfectly cooked carrots, green beans and broccoli surrounded by small cubes of boiled potatoes which had a scattering of parsley on them. There was a very small portion of salsa on the side. The food was very fresh and well cooked but there was no flavour other than the salsa so it was very boring. I felt like I'd eaten a very healthy meal with great quality ingredients cooked by someone with no imagination at all.

Garth was strumming his stuff on the keyboard which was a nice touch but the whole place is just a bit too big for me.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I ate here twice while on our honeymoon in Raro. Personally we loved the free pick up and drop off provided personally by the owner. Really great option if you don't have a rental car at the time. Our first night there there was a piano player - Garth - playing that provided wonderful ambiance. We ordered the scallops to start which were delicious and then the fish of the day and the pork belly for dinner. My husband LOVED the pork belly and couldn't get over how generous the portion was. In fact it is what he ordered our second time there. Good food, adequate service, and a lovely time. Recommended if you are in the area.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Very good restaurant, I love the outdoor area in a nice evening is stunning. The service was very good. And the food was really stunning. I had some raw fish dish (typical from there, dont remember the name) it was really yummy. I went back for pizza take away another night, and it was good. But the experience of the outdoor area was the highlight.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We loved the food and the beautiful view- ate their 2 times.. their specialty one night ,,, the chick was perfect! The owner picked us up and took us back to our place - A must for those visiting this beautiful island.. the owner even picked us up and took us back!