“Sadly Disappointed”
Review of La Carabaccia

La Carabaccia
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Carabaccia wants to be a new way to experience the restaurant with primary emphasis on the possibility of a relaxing experience. The Restaurant with its 40 seats creates a family atmosphere, a sort of garden in which the client, accompanied by a light background music and surrounded by soft colors and natural, will have the opportunity to spend a pleasant evening. A private dining room will welcome those who want a more intimate location. During the summer you can dine in our garden.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Sadly Disappointed”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have eaten at this establishment many times in the past but on my recent visit I was sadly disappointed. Perhaps this is due to the change of ownership. My seafood spaghetti was tasteless and swamped in butter. The service was friendly so I will try the restaurant again and give it a second chance. I really hope I enjoy my next meal here as it used to be one of my favourite places and it was always busy and bustling.

• Visited April 2012
La-Carabaccia, Proprietario at La Carabaccia, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Dear sirs,
we are sorry that your experience in our restaurant was not to your liking. For over a year we offer our customers dishes cooked using fresh local produce.
We use no butter for preparations but only extra virgin olive oil.
The sauce that comes on your plate of spaghetti sea is due to the starch and the cooked spaghetti in the pan with seafood.
Our choice for the restaurant is quiet and not crowded. For this reason we removed the old management service pizzeria and completely renovated the restaurant.
We will be happy to have you among our customers.
Wish you happy holidays in Tuscany.

Good bye

La Carabaccia staff.

Berkshire
“Friendly restaurant with a varied menu”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

It's strange staying in Tuscany in August - most places are closed for the month so it was great to find a restaurant actually open!

This seems to be a family orientated place, with welcoming staff and a great choice on the menu. Fish of the day was sea bass and I got a very generous portion with a vegetable souffle on the side.

Pizzas were lovely and the pasta good.

• Visited August 2011