“Best experience we ever had on vacation!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carunchio
Palazzo Tour d'Eau - Abruzzo Cibus
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carunchio
Reviewed February 2, 2014

An unbelievable experience for my wife and I. This is truly an experience of a lifetime. You will wish your time there was longer. The cooking classes are great fun, the tours exciting and interesting. Hunting for truffles, the bell foundry for the Vatican, the trabocco fishing house, Vasto, and the great sunsets from the Palazzo. But the best part is Massimo, Dino, Cheryle, Mattias and the entire staff at the Palazzo. You feel and are treated like family. Great food, new friends and wine! Do not let this great travel experience pass you by. Bob & Mary Ann Trenton, NJ.

Room Tip: Every room has a great view! You will not be disappointed if you are on the second floor. We had a c...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank rhowland
There are newer reviews for Palazzo Tour d'Eau - Abruzzo Cibus

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was an awesome honeymoon (private room and alone time) plus a great cooking vacation (made new friends and ate/drank very well). Massimo and everyone at the Palazzo were very gracious...treating everyone In our group like family. We went on fun excursions!!! We highly recommend this vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LVTeresa
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Talk about luck when I found this offer of a week in the Abruzzo Province in Carunchio, Italy at the Palazzo Tour d'Eau. Since one of my long time goals has been to eat and drink my way across Italy, I never dreamed that I could find it all in one incredible place. From the moment we got off the bus at the Palazzo Tour d'Eau, everyone in our group was welcomed and made comfortable by the most gracious host and staff in all of Italy as honored guests and family. We were greeted by Massimo, our host and his staff, and after the awe of being is such a beautiful place, we all began to feel at home The Palazzo, a beautiful renovated palace, located at the highest point in Carunchio, overlooks a sparkly vista from all sides and on a clear day, you can almost see the Eastern Adriatic Sea.
Then the experience began with a huge welcome feast that featured simple and elegant foods from the region made from the freshest ingredients. As we learned with each meal, steadily more delicious and attractive than the last, our chef, Dino, is a true genius in the kitchen. Every menu featured local ingredients and recipes from the Abruzzo area with a touch of real elegance. The cooking classes presented in a beautifully decorated kitchen were wonderfully orchestrated so everyone could participate. As a Culinary Teacher, I saw that the mis en place for the classes was so organized, that everyone could learn and enjoy the experience. I certainly learned a lot of ideas and tips that I have brought home to use in my own kitchen.
Food was only a part of the experience since Massimo planned wonderful excursions for us to experience the culture and history of the area. Presentations about olives, wine, cheese on our field trips really captivated my attention and increased my knowledge. The trip to the Official Bell Foundry for the Vatican in Agone was another interesting experience. Since everything was part of the package, we did not have to worry about food, transportation, or any of the other annoying details that I have found to be part of travel especially when it takes you far from home.
The days were paced so well that one activity flowed into the other without stress for us, leaving opportunities for socializing and absorbing the Italian lifestyle. I sure enjoyed that nice break in the afternoon for a rest. The week was over too soon and we had to say "Good Bye" but now my goal is to return for Abruzzo 2, to see what else Massimo will plan for us to do. I can only recommend that you come and experience it all for yourself.

Room Tip: They are great. Very simple with wonderful comfortable beds and plenty of hot water.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank FrancesFaye
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We chose to spend a week-long cooking adventure at Palazzo Tour d'Eau primarily because of the excellent reviews, and we weren't disappointed! Massimo has impeccably planned a well balanced week of wonderful meals, hands-on cooking classes, and excursions in the Italian countryside, and is the perfect host! He has a passion for what he does, and keeps everyone happy and entertained. The Palazzo is rustic and lovely, and the views are breathtaking. All the meals were wonderful, and made with fresh local ingredients. Chefs Dino and Cheryl are great teachers and made all the classes fun. Antonio, Mattias, and the whole staff are so friendly and accommodating. The excursions were amazing as well, especially the Trabocco Fishing house and truffle hunting. We were made to feel like guests of the family and it was truly an unforgettable experience that we highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Judy H
Reviewed November 23, 2013

As I planned my trip, I read many reviews; some of which seemed like a bit of a stretch. I could not imagine this place could live up to my expectations. Well let me assure you that spending a week at the Pallazzo tour d"Eau was the best vacation I have ever had!!. Christina and her amazing staff (Chef Dino, Antonio, and The David) ensure your stay could not be perfect. Their love of their Country, this region, its cuisine, and people are obvious in everything they do. They welcome you as family and it shows. Our entire week was perfectly planned down to the last detail. The cooking classes were fun and very interactive, the day trips were very interesting and a great opportunity to pick up some things to bring home (at great prices). I cannot say enough about the food; every bite was memorable. My mother and I are planning a mini cooking class for our family on Christmas Eve. We will share the things we learned and the items we brought back to cook with; I assure you it will be amazing! I am trying to figure out when I can return for the more advanced course and another week of bliss!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank De66ie
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My expectations were vastly exceeded on this trip! Massimo is an impeccable host and the staff are wonderful! From the moment we arrived we were pampered and fed. The excursions were all fun and educational...Antonio is an amazing tour guide, and adorable! The food we were served and the food we learned to make at the Palazzo was all amazing! Dino is a fabulous chef and teacher. Some of the best meals I have ever had...ever! We were a group of 21 from all over the United States. We have come away as friends, having dined, cooked and toured together. It was a wonderful week!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lisa41362
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I attended a week-long cooking school (Abruzzo Cibus) at the Palazzo Tour D'Eau in October. I was eager to see a region of Italy I had not been to before and a cooking school vacation was just the experience I was looking for.

The Palazzo is beautifully restored and the views are incredible, it was like living in a postcard for a week. The room was very comfortable. The staff are friendly, fun, and accommodating to the guests.

The cooking lessons were perfect for me, as I'm a beginner cook. Chef Dino's food is fantastic and the ingredients are local, local, local!

The day trips to Vasto and Agnone were two favorite days during the week, both are definitely a slice of real Italian life.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LowCountryIslander
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carunchio
Domus Hotel
#1 of 1 in Montecilfone
Garni Il Riccio
Garni Il Riccio
#1 of 25 in Roccaraso

Been to Palazzo Tour d'Eau - Abruzzo Cibus? Share your experiences!