FindHotel
Hurb
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews trang city last review state of the art pleasant stay my friend facilities gym balcony thailand baht tourist
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were kind of excited to have a night at this hotel on a layover to the Andaman Islands.

The outside of the hotel looks a bit old but inside, the hotel is fine. The rooms are nice and clean, and the bed (like all the others we found in Thailand) is quite firm. There is a window between the bathroom and bedroom - a blind if you need it but was a nice touch!

The facilities of the hotel were fine and the service was terrific. We had about 24 hours here and the staff treated us very well indeed. There were two of us in the cocktail bar and 5 staff preparing us a drink.

The pool side service was fine but I would have loved the swim up bar at the pool to be opened and not just an empty space. The pool itself was beautiful - both in design and in temperature, excepting perhaps in depth - very shallow but one only needed to lounge rather than swim too much.

My partner sampled the spa in the hotel and was quite pleased with the treatment - both value for money and of good quality.

The Staff were able to assist us with getting to the night market near the train station and looked after us with arranging transport to and from our flights as well.

For the price, this is good value for money. We would have liked to have been a little closer to the main part of Trang city, just to get a feel for it as the hotel was a little way out. We also would have liked some furniture on the balcony as it was nice to sit in the late afternoon with a book but I dragged some from inside and it was fine.

Overall, good value for money, good food, great service and a quality stay.

Date of stay: August 2012
9  Thank pete_does_stuff
Sureerat T, Manager at Rua Rasada Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and glad that you comfortable along your stay. We will take your advice to improve our hotel.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel looks quite dated already on the outside but the inside has been nicely renovated. The rooms are definitely at 4 star standard and I like the bathrooms with the glass window looking into the room from the shower (you can draw a blind if you wish!).

I traveled in offpeak season so me and my partner were the only ones using the pool at the time I visited. However the 2 pool boys working there provided a good service with meals and drinks served to us poolside. The pool bar was not in operation whilst we were there. I found the pool depth of 1.2 metres in all areas was a little too shallow for my liking.

The spa within the hotel is a quite high standard and we made use of the body scrub followed by oil massage for 900 baht (total treatment time was almost 2 hours).

I do agree with other posters here that staff have some trouble with english but I imagine the vast majority of travelers to this hotel are Thai's on business or having meetings or conventions etc. It's location out of town means that you will need to organise a tuk-tuk to get anywhere, however reception can cater for this not a problem. Nothing much in Trang but it's a great stopping point whilst en route to the Andaman islands and you simply must try the Trang specialty pork, Moo Yang. Ask a tuk-tuk driver to take you to a stall, it's delicious.

Date of stay: August 2012
10  Thank Aussie_Flyer_dotnet

Reviewed August 5, 2012

the rooms in Rua rassada were really nice and clean, view was ok, but we had this great balcony with no chairs to sit on so couldn t really enjoy it. The restaurant was quite nice and especially for the morning buffet which had a great selection. we do recommend to eat outside. one of the main problem we had with the hotel is that it is really far from the city centre and we had to take a tuk tuk every time we wanted to go out. overall a good hotel if you like massive convention hotels and not bothered about being in the city center.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank CAThailand

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed in above mentioned hotel with a good friend of mine for three nights. The room was great and the facilities as well. A nice well maintained swimming pool invites to swim. The gym has more than necessary equipment for bodybuilding and fitnesstrainig as well. To the facilities also belongs a spa which I did not use.
The food was good. I had Breakfast and room service and can really recommend it. The only complain I have, is the staff. They were always friendly as it typical for Thai people. But unfortunately we had a really communication problem. It was complicate to get what we ordered but I also need to make clear, that they efford a lot to satisfy our stay. All together I suggest this property for other travellers who visit the little province Trang in Thailand.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Alex H

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've got a deluxe room which has a living area and city views. There are a lot of luxury stuffs. The hotel is near Robinson only 5-10 minutes' walk. All staffs always have smile on their faces and they're friendly.

I've got a free drink (welcome drink) at the bar near the lobby, no one there because it's a low season. Anyway a singer and a musician still singing and playing the music like a lot of people there even have only me and my husband. Spirited minds!

Date of stay: July 2012