Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lowest price we found
$93
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews trang city last review state of the art pleasant stay my friend facilities gym balcony thailand baht tourist
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2012

the rooms in Rua rassada were really nice and clean, view was ok, but we had this great balcony with no chairs to sit on so couldn t really enjoy it. The restaurant was quite nice and especially for the morning buffet which had a great selection. we do recommend to eat outside. one of the main problem we had with the hotel is that it is really far from the city centre and we had to take a tuk tuk every time we wanted to go out. overall a good hotel if you like massive convention hotels and not bothered about being in the city center.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank CAThailand
Sureerat T, Manager at Rua Rasada Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and glad that you comfortable along your stay. We will take your advice to improve our hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed in above mentioned hotel with a good friend of mine for three nights. The room was great and the facilities as well. A nice well maintained swimming pool invites to swim. The gym has more than necessary equipment for bodybuilding and fitnesstrainig as well. To the facilities also belongs a spa which I did not use.
The food was good. I had Breakfast and room service and can really recommend it. The only complain I have, is the staff. They were always friendly as it typical for Thai people. But unfortunately we had a really communication problem. It was complicate to get what we ordered but I also need to make clear, that they efford a lot to satisfy our stay. All together I suggest this property for other travellers who visit the little province Trang in Thailand.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Alex H

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've got a deluxe room which has a living area and city views. There are a lot of luxury stuffs. The hotel is near Robinson only 5-10 minutes' walk. All staffs always have smile on their faces and they're friendly.

I've got a free drink (welcome drink) at the bar near the lobby, no one there because it's a low season. Anyway a singer and a musician still singing and playing the music like a lot of people there even have only me and my husband. Spirited minds!

Date of stay: July 2012
3  Thank Jibbza

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was the former MP Hotel, originally built in the early '90s, during the economic boom years. Its signature architecture is the boatshaped restaurant .., ..and the entire hotel has amazing spaces.After the economic crash in 1997, the hotel lingered , it was open but never really made much money. Last year, it was completely refurbished, and it reopened at New Year's as the new Rua Rusada Hotel, and I can only say 'WOW'. Trang is a charming sleepy but economically vibrant and thriving provincial town, - fishing, commerce, trade, agriculture. It is one of the hidden jewels of Southern Thailand.

The Rua Rusada Hotel is a tremendous assett to Trang. With one stroke, Trank is now on the map for conventions, large corporate functions and big family celebrations. The entire interiors are almost Zen, with a touch of retro ..clear lines, earth tone colour schemes, - pleasant to the eye and very functional. The lobby already gives you a taste what to expect once you get to your room - space ..lots of it !

I usually stay in Trang when I drive between Phuket and Malaysia/Singapore. So at the end of a long drive ..this hotel is a perfect stopover. Now , after its refurbishment ..one actually wants to stay longer ..the staff may not yet live up to international standards but ..they do try and they are on the best way to it. Rooms are spacious, a King-size bed, flat screen TV, amenities, a rain-shower type bathroom (a trifle on the small side), a large balcony with green views. The spacious coffee shop/restaurant is perfectly laid-out for both individual diners as well as for functions. Breakfast is a delight, ..not overdone in choices ..but with an acceptable variety of dishes. The bar is located just off the lobby, again lots of space, ..the new bar manager has many years of 5star hotel experience in Bangkok. The pool and the jacuzzi are great ..

We paid BT 2500 for a room , with breakfast ..and that is a very acceptable price. The main highway is nearby. By the way, the hotel is located just on the outskirts of Trang, on the old route No 4; I am mentioning it because the new bypass road channels all the through-traffice away from the town centre.

If in Trang, do visit the temples, enjoy the typical charm of Southern Thai friendliness and you will find great food - Southern Thai style. Just off Trang, there are many islands with pristine beaches, very few foreigners come here as they all head up to Krabi or Phuket ..so if you want to see an unspoiled part of Southern Thailand ...stay in Trang.

Date of stay: June 2012
4  Thank Mpfrederik

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and glad that you comfortable along your stay.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Once again, I have return to Trang and stay with them but this time my impressive is less than the first time. Room still clean and very good as usual but staff wasn't that good. First reservation have set up my room to 5th floor problem is I was surround by family group about 5 room connection with about kids age about 3-5 years old and very noisy. Me and my wife who 6 months pregnant need quiet time for this vacation so just ask for room changing with front office.
Male staff react was not so good at all he have the look on me but still changing the room for me to 6th floor.
And 2 nights all along I stay, I haven't got any good smile to welcome from any staff until I'll check out only from maid the greeting to me. And my bag I have to carry it to my car myself no help at all.
So with this price service, I expect much much better than this since their room just nearly perfect already.

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank barefoot68

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and glad that you comfortable along your stay.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future.