“Return with less impressive”

Rua Rasada Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Trang
Bangkok
“Return with less impressive”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Once again, I have return to Trang and stay with them but this time my impressive is less than the first time. Room still clean and very good as usual but staff wasn't that good. First reservation have set up my room to 5th floor problem is I was surround by family group about 5 room connection with about kids age about 3-5 years old and very noisy. Me and my wife who 6 months pregnant need quiet time for this vacation so just ask for room changing with front office.
Male staff react was not so good at all he have the look on me but still changing the room for me to 6th floor.
And 2 nights all along I stay, I haven't got any good smile to welcome from any staff until I'll check out only from maid the greeting to me. And my bag I have to carry it to my car myself no help at all.
So with this price service, I expect much much better than this since their room just nearly perfect already.

1 Thank barefoot68
Sureerat T, Manager at Rua Rasada Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2016
Rua Rasada Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Thai first
Khanom, Thailand
Reviewed May 18, 2012

enjoyed the nice rooms , free Wi Fi , very friendly staff.

Room Tip: ask for high floor and nice view
1 Thank CarloKunz
Bangkok
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The newly renovated hotel is one of the most expensive places in Trang but really worth the stay. We were going to book another hotel first but after we are glad we did not. The staff is very effective and the services great. Housekeeping was able to help us with some special requests with all courtesy and professionalism. Breakfast has a lot of choice and the facilities surrounding the hotel makes this hotel a great one to stay.

The biggest advantage is the shopping mall right next to the hotel. The Robinsons Mall is in walking distance and feature a big variety of imported and local products.

Great pool with jacuzies.

For those on a budget there is also another option available which is call Rua Rasada Budget. Just 300 metros from the main hotel is a smaller and more simple hotel where the rate are only from 700-900TB per night including breakfast. Great option if you just look for a place to sleep.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a great view
4 Thank Travelking276
Georgetown, Malaysia
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We checked in very late as we had pre-booked "S2S Queen Hotel" in the center of town. That hotel had dimly-lit rooms which totally differed from the website, smelt so musty and a dirty bathroom.

But Rua Rasada was beyond our expectations as we expected a regular hotel room but we were greeted with a very clean, bright and modern hotel room. It surpassed any rooms I've seen in Hatyai, Penang or Kuala Lumpur. While it may not be the cheapest around since we did not pre-book, we were not disappointed at all.

The gym was impressive and so was the pool and breakfast. The staff, especially the FIlipina on duty at the front desk, were very helpful.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bobbychoo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed in that hotel 3 years ago and it was not a pleasure.
But they recently renovated and worked on the service and you can surely see that.
The rooms are newly refurbished and look very modern. The whole lobby looks completely different and you feel like in a real 4 star hotel.Here I had the worst breakfast ever but they (thanks God) worked hard on it and the breakfast is a real pleasure now. Freshly brewed coffee and a small but good looking buffet together with a friendly staff that is all I need for a perfect start in the morning.
With the recent changes I can only recommend the hotel and will surely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SAT33
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and glad that you comfortable along your stay. We will take your advice to improve our hotel.
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Room 1616 at the Rua Rasada hotel and convention centre, Trang/Thailand
Driving from Hat Yai (Thai/Malay border) to Trang takes about 2½ hours, depending on the horrendous heavy traffic from immense trucks! The hotel itself is a “landmark” build in the form of a ship which at best of times looks totally out of place. The hotel itself is lovely; check-in was fast even though speaking the “Kings English” was a slight problem. There are 3 elevators, one on the outside of the building which gives you a splendid view over the whole area. Room 1616 was perfect, absolutely spotless clean and that includes the bathroom. No “iffy” grouting. Toilet had a good seat and one can opt for flushing for big business and for small ones. Cupboards have more than enough hanging space and drawer space. Inside the cupboard is a room safe. Room comes with 2 fluffy bathrobes and matching slippers. Bath towels were super soft and fluffy, face flannels are part of the set. Enough toiletries’. Bath/shower gel and shampoo have a lovely fragrance which is not overpowering. Breakfast is good although we thought for a prestigious hotel like the Rua Rasada it could have been a bit more orientated to western tastes. One can observe the Chefs at work in the kitchen. The hotel has room service till 12 at night. Food is lovely. Restaurant prices make you and your purse smile, for sure! We did not try the bar simply because we thought is was a bit glare-ish and uninviting. Room comes with a flatscreen TV.Staff at the Rua Rasada Hotel and Convention Centre are true professional’s, they are friendly and helpful. Right next to the hotel is a Robinson shopping Mall situated. Be aware that trying to get a taxi or tuktuk on the roadside is looking for a needle in a haystack. We had our own transport which made it easier to shop/sightseeing and to go to the islands. Trips can be booked at the check-in desk, again, be aware that most trips leave on Sundays (we were told!)! The Rua Rasada Hotel and Convention Centre is just outside the city centre, the hotel is peaceful. The hotel has a lovely pool, Jacuzzi + pool bar and comfortable sun lounges, pool towels are at the entrance. There is a fully equipped gym. The hotel has WiFi which makes life so much easier! The Rua Rasada is also perfect for senior guests as well as couples with children. Yes, we would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the highest floor - jeez you feel in heaven!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank overseaswriter
Salem, Ohio
Reviewed January 13, 2012

This hotel is pretty clean with a modern bathroom. This place has the hardest beds I've ever slept in (in the past 5 years I've probably spent over 1,000 nights in hotels).

During my stay think there were more staff than guests I think. So I'm guessing that's the reason for the small breakfast buffet which had only fresh fruit and bread. The kitchen did cook you food to order (included with your free breakfast) but it wasn't that good in my opinion. However the western lunch and dinner meals that I ordered of the menu was good.

There is music played outside on the north side of the hotel during the late evening hours The balcony (which is quite large) doors don't seal well so if you're looking for a quiet room get a room up high that faces south.

Wifi Internet wasn't fast but wasn't super slow. I was unable to stream YouTube videos but they would buffer. There were four English language TV stations (3 news and 1 movie station). I can't imagine how slow it would be if there was a lot of guests.

There is a decent mall within a 10 minute walk with a movie theater, lots of clothing and technology stores. Nice grocery store and a few pharmacies.

My in room safe did not work, it would lock but not unlock.

The staff is helpful and polite, there seems to be a few people around that speak fluent English.

Unless I find something as good closer to town I would stay here again, though I wouldn't be excited about it. Over all clean, and safe, just not much to do (slow wifi and few TV options).

Room Tip: Avoid the north facing rooms if you want a quite night.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business