“Charming little place”

Ranked #5 of 32 Trang B&B and Inns
Bergen,Norway
“Charming little place”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

As we had to stay an unintended night in Trang, we were advised to stay here. Paid approx 500thb for a spacious twin room. No frills, but clean. Locationwise perfect, a supermarket nearby and within walking distance to everything. We didn't quite understand the breakfast included bit..were unsure if this was the bananabread and nescafe in the lobby so we ate elsewhere. If you're looking for a cheap, clean place to stay if in Trang, if wouldn't hesitate to stay here. PS; remember to ask for a room with windows as not all have this.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Thai first
singapore
Reviewed September 13, 2010

What a gem in the small town!

My Friend is of not much character, except for a bizarre dry aquarium with wooden dugong sculptures! However, at the price we paid, it delivers in all aspects and we are perfectly happy and comfortable with our 4 nights stay in total.

The room we had was with good light. It was roomy, the bathroom was very clean, air-conditioning works well and comes with a fridge and cable tv. A simple daily local breakfast was provided with coffee and tea, and the ubiquitous 'Trang cake'.

We will definitely stay here again if we transiting in Trang!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 20, 2008

I walked in off the street and booked a double room with aircon which cost 490THB. Fantastic value! Lonely Planet called the rooms 'pristine' and they still are. It had clean hard floors, cable TV, a refrigerator (not a mini-bar, but a refrigerator for your use with nothing but complimentary water in it), a clean firm bed and decor that I'll call 'funky-chintz', but you have to create your own label. Our bathroom had floral tiles in shades of purple that defied description and a hyper-decorative sea-shell mirror. It was so cute, and quiet. Okay, I had come from a dirty resort that I hated, but I loved this place. The staff were friendly and polite, there was a nice lobby with books & magazines and free coffee in the mornings. There was an air-conditioned, attractive internet room that was cheap if not fast. There was a lovely orchid garden and grotto, even though it was in front of the guest house overlooking the street.
There is no restaurant or breakfast included, but there are plenty of places very close by. This place has an excellent location. From the train station turn right and walk passed Lees supermarket on the left. At the end of the centre-road car park rectangle, My Friend faces you. It really is an easy walk, with luggage. The main street, market, travel agents and restaurants are all easy walking distance.

• Liked — Clean, cute, cheap, great location.
  • Disliked — Bed a little too firm, no chairs in room.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank DaisyClover