$24
$53
$42
Priceline
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $53/night.

$17
Hotels.com
Ban Ao Thong(Trang)(Great Value!)
$14
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewstwin roompiece of caketrain stationnight marketone nightcomfortable bedtoiletriestv
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Paid 890 baht for a double A/C room and it was very comfortable. Nice bed, clean bathroom, big TV with lots of channels, and very personable staff who enjoyed having a conversation with us. This is a perfectly comfortable place to stay although there's not much to see in the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Hello..I stayed in this place 1 night on my way to Ko libong..It was the travel agency that recommended it.I have been in both Trang hotel and Thumrin,and as I remember it they both need some restoring like painting aso...trang hotel was actually doing just that,however it is my friend guesthouse we are talking about and I found the rooms fresh and in a good shape..

The room rate was 590 bath/ night which was fair enough for an ac room,I personally would have prefered a fan room for lets say 400-450 bath,,I normally have the ac on 27-28´c anyway so thats like a fan...

The personal/service was good they where polite and correct,but it still left a kind of feeling that something was missing...in many other places its some small talk every now and then..
Here it was not much of that..

Is this a place that I can recommend,.,yes
Is it a place I may go back to,., sure why not;:;

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in Trang. We booked our room next to the train station, it was easy and good price.
Rooms were clean and good, everything was worth of the money. Location is good, you can easily walk to the night market and other locations. Also while Trang is a "link" to north, it is nice to take early bus/train.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here one night on our way to Tarutao Marine Park. Our room had AC but no window, which really didn't bother us at all. For a price of 550 Baht for double room, My Friend Guest-House was good value. The room was in ok condition, and the location just next to the train station worked perfectly for us. The service wasn't maybe the most cheerful that we encountered in Thailand, but everything worked well.

In the evening there was a market 50 meters from the guesthouse, where you could taste local food and look around without someone walking pulling your sleeve saying "my friend my friend, just the best offer for you" (which tends to happen all the time in Bangkok's tourist areas). It made our stop at Trang a good addition to our trip and My Friend Guest-House a place worth staying.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EJS_fi
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We arrived without a reservation, and we're quickly checked in to a twin room with fridge, air con, bathroom with hot shower and tv. The bathroom was spotless, and quite nice. The room was clean, with two bottles of water, soap etc. the cost was 550 baht, quite reasonable for the accomodation and location. The service was a bit distracted, but reasonably helpful. The amazing night market is about 500 meters away but didn't disturb us with any noise at all, the hotel was silent and we had a great sleep.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple