The Angel of Corbridge is a classic country inn with aspirations. My room, #10, was spacious and comfortable and had a lovely river view. The bathroom was badly designed, though, with a bizarrely complicated shower (one had to pull a cord to turn the power on before pressing any of the many buttons in the shower itself) and a toilet wedged into a tiny corner. The room was tackily full of extras-for-a-price--a bottle of wine, a teddy bear. Breakfast was good; the staff fixed me a bowl of yogurt and fresh fruit, which wasn't on the menu, but was just what I wanted. The only other meal I ate in the restaurant was afternoon tea, which was also good but surprisingly expensive. Overall, I found the Angel a comfortable place to stay, but I don't think it gives particularly good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Angel Inn is a beautiful traditional inn offering great local British food with warm and comfortable rooms and an apartment. The Angel Inn has a bar offering local ales, a lounge with a real fire, a private dining room and a barn restaurant. Corbridge is a pretty village, once a market town, that lies four miles east of Hexham on the banks of the River Tyne. Today it has a reputation for excellent shopping with various fashion boutiques lining the main shopping street. Our Bar, The 'hub' of what we do here at the Angel: a great Northumbrian breakfast, an extensive 'all day' menu offering great British food sourced from Northumbrian produce, great local ales, a superb wine list and exceptional service in friendly and safe surroundings. Our Lounge: A great place to relax with friends or a book. Comfortable leather seats, real fire, newspapers, great coffees, afternoon teas, glass of wine, choice of whisky or just a place to warm up after a long walk. Our Restaurant: Our restaurant is both elegant and spacious - sporting a characterful pitched roof with exposed oak beams. A superb venue for dining, which seats up to eighty guests comfortably for private parties, Christmas lunches and dinners or weddings. Our private dining room, the Angel's Table can accomodate up to 14 guests for breakfast, meetings and family gatherings including lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and a great Sunday lunch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Angel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Corbridge
- The Angel Inn Corbridge, England