“Breakfast even though they don't do it.....”
Review of Tea and Tipple

Tea and Tipple
Ranked #4 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Corbridge
Description: this is a cafe on the market place in corbridge in Northumberland about 5 miles from hexham nad 20 miles from Newcastle
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was in Corbridge at 9.30 on Saturday and wanted a quick breakfast before an appointment. After first being somewhat abruptly rejected from the Larder (who don't do breakfast until 10am) I tried this place as a last resort as time was now tight. What lovely staff which I know is contrary to other reviews but speak as you find. I asked for breakfast to be told they don't do it but if I wanted they could do me some toast which as I was in a rush sounded fine. The toast turned out to be three slices of what looked like lovely home baked bread which came with a slab of beautiful butter and some scrummy jam. Just what I wanted!

1  Thank Izzyk

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Oh dear! Gave this place another chance last week and popped in for lunch with my Mum as it was her birthday. What a mistake. Again! Staff still grumpy and rather slow to clear dirty tables. Ordered a chicken caesar salad and was shocked at what eventually appeared! A pile of leaves with a splash of watery dressing and a couple of cubes of rubbery chicken piled on the top! That was it. The waitress obviously saw my shock and brought me a couple of croutons! This really will be the last time. :(

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Don't do decaf, don't do skimmed milk, don't do white bread!!!
What about people's dietary requirements???!!!
Staff didn't seem bothered and used a 'shrug of the shoulders'- I left because they didn't offer any solutions and again informed me they used brown bread only.

1  Thank Jen W
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Went in as the place looked busy and bustling. No tables inside for just a couple of minutes and then a member of staff said that some people had just paid so a table would soon be ready. We felt that the staff were somewhat neutral - neither friendly or otherwise. The sandwiches were well filled and the salad and dressing were good. 2 good sized cups of tea for each of us in the pot. Just a bit more friendliness from the staff would have put the experience up a notch. By the way, what's with the antlers? We spotted 3 sets but no venison on the menu.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Lunchtime and not overly busy - the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed, the broccoli and Stilton soup was good. Coffee was spot on too! We has no issues with the service offered - it was friendly and attentive. Oh and yes the ginger and Guinness cake was very good.