“Evening Meal”
Review of The Angel Inn

The Angel Inn
Ranked #13 of 23 Restaurants in Corbridge
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Real fires, comfortable leather seats, traditional warm rooms, afternoon tea, great local food, local ales and exceptional Northumbrian charm. The Angel Inn has been a coaching inn dating back to 1752 when it was called The Kings Head. Many people have owned it until we purchased it in 2011 and we intend to keep it and we will ensure that your time with us is relaxing and fulfilling.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Evening Meal”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

With an evening to spare in Corbridge the Angel looked like a good option. Well refurbished in a attractive style and an interesting menu it seemed a good choice. Colleagues who had eaten there earlier recommended it so in I went. There was a good choice of ales which is always a good start in my book. I made my choices and asked for a slight deferment while I enjoyed a bit of evening sun on the terrace. On time, the server called me in and I enjoyed a competent if not spectacular Mozzeralla salad. Staff seemed a little distracted and hard to find seemingly more interested in chatting at the bar - this theme continued through the rest of the evening. Main course Hake and Risotto was again fine, but just slightly disappointing and I had expected better. I am not sure, but I was not completely convinced that I was served Hake it looked more like Bass but I decided not to take it up. I am happy to be corrected and I could have been wrong. Wine choice was fine. I would just about recommend the Angel, but the staff need to sharpen up quite a lot there seemed to be a lack of a 'manager' who should be keeping everyone on their toes. Further evidence of this was when I had difficulty trying to pay the bill. Surely for the restaurant the most important part of the evening! The Angel has the potential to be really good it is in a great location and has a nice feel to it, but it is being let down by below par service, whoever owns this establishment needs to pay more attention to this in my view.

• Visited May 2014

Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Grumpy Staff”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We visited the Angel Inn on a Bank Holiday Monday which is never the best place to try a restaurant to be fair. As we had our dog we sat outside.
I asked if I could order some food and was told we had to pay first which was fair enough. I said I would order food a drinks together and pay up front. The waitress who was young and didn't look like she wanted to be there started snapping at the waiter for letting her do all the work in front of me which was a bit off. She was very grumpy and I didn't want to witness this. She told me our drinks would be brought by the barman and we had quite a long wait for them. The couple who were sitting nearby must have got fed up of waiting as they just left leaving the cutlery and condiments. This did not bode well but we didn't have that long to wait and it was after all a bank holiday.
e ordered a pulled pork with gravy sandwich and hand cut chips between us. The pork was definitely NOT pulled pork but roast pork but we didn't say anything and as my husband had never had pulled pork he didn't notice the difference. Portion size was good and the waiter was happy to bring an extra plate while the waitress scowled in and out. I have eaten in the Angel a couple of years ago inside and found the place clean and well presented. The picnic tables we ate at at the back did let the place down a bit as they could have made a bit of an effort to spruce it up with plants etc like the tables at the front. All in all an average experience but I do think that disharmony between staff should be kept away from customers ears and eyes,

• Visited April 2014
“Awful - daylight robbery!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Called for lunch as we hadn't been for some time.

One vegetarian option on the menu, luxury ratatouille and mozzarella tart at £11! The flat puff pastry case looked typical of those you buy frozen and I can assure you there was nothing luxurious about the ratatouille, if smacked of the frozen veg mix you can get at weigh in places. The remainder of my plate was filled with a heap of boring undressed green salad leaves. So overpriced it beggars belief and not enjoyable at all.
My partner opted for the fish cakes which he said were tasteless. Hint of smokiness but nothing else.
The chips were nice.
I won't be going back.

2 Thank Bengreebo
durham england
“I know zapped food when I see it !”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Would have rated it higher but 2 problems.
Chicken leg had dried and shrivelled in microwave and the bone burned my finger. Apple and raisen cake would have been wonderful if not oversapped in microwave. I appreciate it was a busy bank holiday but after waiting a long time for the food to come I did expect it to be edible. Veg were nice enough as was custard.

Visited May 2014
Prudhoe
“A Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I went with a friend hoping for a quiet evening with some well cooked food and was not disappointed. The menu we chose from was quite traditional with a touch of flair. It came in good time served by friendly staff.
A great experience which I hope to repeat.

• Visited January 2014