“Amazing food and cocktails - what more could you ask for!”
Review of The Angel Inn

The Angel Inn
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Corbridge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Real fires, comfortable leather seats, traditional warm rooms, afternoon tea, great local food, local ales and exceptional Northumbrian charm. The Angel Inn has been a coaching inn dating back to 1752 when it was called The Kings Head. Many people have owned it until we purchased it in 2011 and we intend to keep it and we will ensure that your time with us is relaxing and fulfilling.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We recently visited The Angel Inn in Corbridge as it had recommended to us by friends. We booked a table in the restaurant but headed there early to have a few drinks in advance as we’d heard the cocktail bar was amazing. Sadly when we arrived the cocktail bar had been hired out for a function however the barman very kindly agreed to pop through and make me something if I gave him an idea of the kind of cocktail I liked if the bar hadn’t cleared when we had finished our meal.

The food was really tasty and not unreasonably priced. We shared a starter, had a main course each and shared a bottle of wine and it only cost around £50. My main course was a Chinese style belly pork and it was simply amazing. If I’d had the room I would have gladly eaten it again. There is the option also to eat in the bar instead which has a slightly different menu and the food there also looks very tasty although it is very busy during the weekend so not ideal for trying to have a romantic meal.

After our meal we went back to the bar and the barman did indeed make me a cocktail – I asked for something rum based like a Caipirinha. The barman came up with the most amazing concoction which encouraged us to stay the night enjoying the cocktails and ales they had available.

The Angel Inn is a lovely bar/restaurant/pub all in one and the staff couldn’t be more helpful or friendly. This is a great place to eat and drink with a lovely atmosphere and perfect for anyone visiting and staying in the surrounding areas.

1  Thank ladyrokeby

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is in Corbridge, a lovely village in the Tyne Valley? We always go in the bar as it has a great atmosphere. Just been today for lunch. This is a Monday and it was full, the food always excellent and good value. Had Morrocan Lamb Kofta's today, my friends had scallops, black pudding and chorizo, excellent, although I usually order fish and chips which are the best anywhere I have tried, not the cheapest but the best.

1  Thank ann10
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great country pub that serves delicious food and has a good wine list. Lovely to sit out of doors in the sun at one of the many tables outside.

1  Thank heleneb123
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Angel never fails to impress when i visit be it lunch or dinner. Always a warm welcome from the staff,and the food is delicious,big portions of homemade gastranomic delights.

1  Thank happy1012
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Food was lovely and the price was also reasonable - nice place but a little far out from Slaley Hall (that's where we stayed) :)