“Authentic Italian family business”
Review of Il Piccolo

Il Piccolo
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Corbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Il Piccolo is a well-established Italian restaurant, run by Sicilian chef, Manuele Orto, wife Pam, and their friendly team. The restaurant is flanked by its intimate Stuzzico wine and tapas bar on the left and an airy delicatessen and ice cream parlour on the right. Corbridge is a beautiful village by the River Tyne, near Hadrian's Wall, full of independent shops to browse. Open Tuesday 10-4.30 and Weds-Sat 10am-10.30pm.
Northumberland, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian family business”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. The chef is Sicilian, so the food is authentic and tasty. They now have a wine bar attached to the restaurant, where you can order snacks. They have a good wine selection and are happy to provide specially requested food.They also do regular wine tasting evenings which are great fun and reasonably priced. We have gone there as a couple but also with friends, who have always enjoyed it too. If you are in Corbridge for lunch or one evening, give it a try. It is advisable to book on an evening.

• Visited February 2013

Northumberland, UK
“Save your love for Roma and for me!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It's been a good while since we dined here but when we have it's always been lovely, heaty Italian fare. I once heard that the sign of an amazing Italian restaurant is that it has a deli attached; if that's the case I'm inclined to agree.

The staff were uber friendly when my fiancé and I have eaten here. The atmosphere felt like being down a back alley (in a nice way!) in Verona and the food was lovely. There's something romantic and unique about that.

I would definitely eat here again.

Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
Hexham, United Kingdom
“OK but not special”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I decided to try this restaurant having read the other reviews but was disappointed. Starters were ok but the mains of swordfish and meatballs uninspiring. Both seemed to be cooked in the same tomato sauce as were the vegetables. Service was slow despite the restaurant being quiet.
Glad we've tried it but we won't hurry back.

• Visited January 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Very nice, but not too Itslian”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

The first time in Corbridge prior to walking some of Hadrians wall and I needed a good meal to set me up. Plenty of choice but I fancied Itslian and came here. Very nice but rather lacking in atmosphere and the real Itslian feel. The food is good value but bot very authentic. Staff are good but lack some TLC skills.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit if you're in the area”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We would never have found this restaurant by chance, but visited it during a stay with my cousin who has been there a few times.

The menu isn't extensive, but what they do, they do very well. Pizzas, at £10 each, were freshly prepared and definitely on a par with those we've had in Italy.

The wine list is extensive and also quite expensive.

Four of us had a starter and main course each, no desserts. One bottle of wine, two glasses of Prosecco and a decaff latte and the total bill was £150.

Not the cheapest, it was nice, but I wouldn't necessarily make a definite decision to return.

Visit not really enhanced by the group of women in the window table, one of whom had a laugh like a road drill. Not the restaurant's fault though.

• Visited October 2012