“Couldn't give a toss”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“Couldn't give a toss”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Didn't give me the whole order on collection, and then tried to lie their way out of it by blaming it on my wife. Manageress claimed she repeated clearly the order to my wife. My wife initially spoke to a man!

Getting things wrong is normal, trying to worm your way out of it is a disgrace. Arrogant and expensive

1 Thank Azizza T

Aylesbury
“Dreadful food”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Overpriced and over hyped restaurant serving an odd take on Chinese food. The worst crispy seaweed I have ever had, it was like eating seasoned leaves! They even managed to totally forget my order, when we got our takeaway back, my dish was missing completely.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Barrie M
hartlepool
“lovely bakers”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

absolutely lovely scones cakes etc.
took a few samples home with us.
very nice scones and humungous Meringues.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank pickybeggar
Consett, United Kingdom
“It's the little things....”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Super food but it really is about the whole package. We visited recently and thoroughly enjoyed the food; very much up to its usual standard. However, the pre-meal drinks area is beginning to look a bit tired with holes in the leather seats and tables needing a good clean down. Service attention was good with a very sociable young team trying to please.
The restaurant area is, as always pristine but please, whoever is in charge look at the paintwork!
The food means that we certainly return but other reviewers are repeating what we have seen. Such a shame for something that could so easily be put right.

• Visited June 2014
WIGAN
“So Disappointed!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have visited this restaurant whenever we are in the area and have always found the quality of the food terrific - see my previous review - so when I took some friends this week, having extolled how good Artisam is you can imagine how disappointed I was when the meal was average at best and very poor at worst. The dim sum was tasteless, the wan ton indescribable, the duck very greasy, the hoi sin sauce was very thin as was the sweet chilly sauce and the salt and pepper ribs served in such small pieces they could have been anything. All the main course were bland, tasteless and had not been seasoned! The special fried rice was also tasteless and had very little in it. I find it hard to imagine that I will return - such a shame!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JOHN R
Stewart S, Owner at Artisam, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Hi John sorry for the late response. First of all I'd like to thank you for your review as every review gives us feedback on our customers opinions. I'd like to apologies for your experience you had with us on your last visit, we pride our selves on serving good food and providing good customer service and i apologies that on that occasion it wasn't up to the usual high standards we set ourselves.
If your in the area again and think about dining with us again please don't hesitate to contact me, and me and my team will make it a much more memorable night for you and your guests