“Disappointing”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has great potential but certainly did not live up to it on the Thursday night when we visited. Poor service was the key problem. There were only three occupied tables in the restaurant but the two servers acted as if they were contending with dozens--harried, distracted, and very slow. Fireplace not lit on a very cold night. The food was OK but did not compensate for the other "misses."

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Ate here on Easter Sunday with my family and couldn't fault a thing. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the log fires much appreciated on a cold day and the food was excellent. A wide choice of starters and mains ranging from traditional Sunday Roasts through pies, fabulous burgers (enjoyed by my son) and great desserts. Generous portion size and top quality food. By the time we left the restaurant was full so booking is probably to be recommended. Can't think of a better way to spend next Easter Sunday!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have been regular customers of the Errington arms for the last 5 years and visit atleast 5 times per year.

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am with the most recent visit.

After booking this for a family anniversary, we assumed it would be packed being a Saturday night, but it was probably only one third occupied so should have been no problems for the staff to manage.

There were only two of us and ordered the lamb and chicken mains and bruschetta and potatoe skin starters.

It took 15 mins for the starters which was fine, the food was bland, bruschetta had more oil than anything else, no garlic and no seasoning, I'm not a Cheffy person but for the price of it I would have expected more.

The most disappointing part was the main, it took 55 mins to arrive and I feel that it only did arrive because we were looking so pissed off with the whole experience, the food arrived and it was warm, as if sitting for a while.

I was totally gutted, looking forward to this for ages and then the whole experience was rubbish, and the worst bit was the staff being so unattentive, looked down their noses at everyone and total lack of service, no apology for the delay at all, no explanation and not even a courteous "how's the food".

I only read the reviews after going and couldn't agree more with the cold temperature comments. It was minus 3 when we went and it is a 48 mile round trip for us, just shows how much we liked this place. The kitchen door was open and the through wind made it really cold, the fires were on but made no difference.

Overall, very poor service, not just a lack of attention there was no attention and to top it off an overall expensive meal for two £56 with soft drinks only and it will be the last time going, totally put off by the experience. We could have gone to newcastle city centre for the same price if not cheaper, and a lot closer.

1  Thank Geordies12
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Would love to call this place our local but it's just too far away! That said, we get here as often as we can and are always blown away by the excellent standard of food and service. The owner and head chef is a genius when it comes to putting that special something in to make an already excellent dish an absolutely stunning one.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

As me and my family were in the area, we decided we would stop for some lunch here on Sunday, when we arrived we were greeted by polite staff, and a cosy feel to the place, as the fires were roaring. We sat down and looked at the menu, which there was plenty to choose from! And specials as well! In the end I decided to go for a roast, which when it arrived was presented well and all the flavours where there too! Will definitely be coming back again. After reading other reviews I honestly don't know how they could have had a bad experience. Fantastic pub, fantastic staff, fantastic food.