“Good but expensive”

The Valley
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Corbridge
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegant Indian dining in a beautiful country setting- situated in one of the oldest station houses in the world.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Visited with my wife and two daughters for a birthday treat. It was a Wednesday night so not very busy. Nice looking place with the added novelty of the local train stopping right outside of the window.
Staff were very friendly and food came within a reasonable time.
We tried not to order too much as the last time we visited we had to leave loads as we were full to the brim. Even so the amount of food you get would satisfy the largest of appetites.
We had a starter and main course each with sides of naans, chips, and poppadum's. We simply had no room for any deserts.
All in all very nice but it has to be said very expensive. Not sure I would come here too often because of the price.
Oh and if visiting with family and avoid nights when the curry train runs as the last thing you want is parties of noisy drunken badly behaved adults. I have seen it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was my second visit to the Valley in Corbridge, the first being with a large group (around 20 of us) last year on the curry train deal. It was delicious, the food choice in with the experience was excellent and the service was brilliant. Unfortunately i returned with a smaller group for a birthday (5 of us) again on the curry train and I was really disappointed. We werent given popadoms but another table was, so i asked for them and we were brought some after the starter. I noticed other tables did not get any as they didnt ask. It was quicker to get served for drinks at the bar downstairs. I asked for the wine menu, then the wine glasses as we didnt recieve them with the bottle, i asked for the plates to be cleared away and each time it took quite a long time. I did enjoy the food (desserts were not as i remembered - sorbet only) but the service let down the evening.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were unaware that the restaurant have a 'curry train' where parties have a drink and order ahead of arrival. We had ordered our food and sat with a drink for over half an hour when about 30 revellers arrived into the small bar area. We asked to go to our table but were ignored so after a further 20 minutes we said we were leaving. The barman told us we could not leave as the food was almost ready and refused to take payment for the drinks. We eventually managed to get through the curry train people and were then pursued by the manager outside who urged us to come back inside where he would find us a quiet table. No thanks - what a comedy!

3  Thank Genni22
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I use to eat at the restaurant regularly, but hasn't dined here for nearly 2 years glad to see the food is still fantastic and the service was first class. Menu was great good to see some traditional dishes around the westernised classics. Will be back soon for more.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited via the "curry train" a group of us went to the valley indians and id say it was mixed reviews from all of us. From a personal view my starter was delicious a king prawn bahji. Mains went seriously down hill. Chicken tikka mosalla tasteless and waterey. Plain pilaw rice (on last visit we had a selection of diffrent flavoured rice) and selection of different nans which all tasted plain! Drinks quiet expensive and due to a problem with the till in the bar we had to wait for change ect. 2 members of the party got there change, 2 did not. Overall I will give this place a miss next time