“I confirm my previous positive review”

Sawatdee Ka Thai Food
Ranked #7 of 96 Restaurants in Cantu
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
como
“I confirm my previous positive review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I came back to this restaurant for an easy Thursday dinner.
The ambient was more quiet and soft.
The restaurant was not full so we could be served with more calm.
We could appreciate all the dishes we ordered, but at this time we didn't order any dessert.
My friend enjoyed particularly the shrimp burger and the thai rolls, like the little fried thai dumplings.
The pad thai was wonderfully tasty and I enjoy the mix between salted and sweet-and-sour flavors.
We tried even grilled squid and it was pretty good, though not pretty thai.
I go on believing that a meal here is a wonderful experience every time.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank lucoh99

como
“A small piece of Thailand in Cantù”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The experience was pretty positive and I try to describe it in all the details.
The building of the restaurant is not pretty appealing, and, when we visited the place, it was under renovation, as the area and the parking zone.
The ambient of the restaurant, instead, is warm, charming and exotic.
Since the entrance, in fact, a touch of quietness surrounds all the guests and bring you to a far away place, to another country and a different mentality.
We hadn't booked a table so we had to wait for nearly 15 minutes to be seated, but it's more than understandable for a saturday night dinner.
We were kindly welcomed and were kindly shown the table.
The furniture is essential and based on the orange colors of the walls and on the wooden tables, which, added to the statues of the divinities, to the table mats and the lamps, make you feel in a different continent and with people from various places.
One of the waitresses seems really thai, like one of the chefs.
The dishes were definitely particular and amazing in shape and taste.
The appetizers are mainly based on fried burgers of shrimps or cod, vegetables, thai/spring rolls, bundles of vegetables or meat.
In the main dishes you can find, instead, curry dishes, pasta, rice preparations, fish or meat, like main dish.
We tried various kind of pasta and a lightly spicy curry and were a bit sweet and sour but the taste was fantastic.
We saw even some rice dishes and they seemed wonderful as well, like the fish plates.
The dessert was the only negative part of the dinner.
We tried 3 of the 4 kind of desserts in the menu and we discovered that they were all soft as puddings and were served in a glass, but the rice and coconut recipes had a taste which were too strange, like the adjoining with the tapioca balls or with balls on melon.
I'd suggest to add some ice cream or fruit in order to approach western tastes because some combinations are too unfamiliar to be liked by the majority of the guests.

• Visited May 2013