Deshadan Mountain Resorts
$116
$98
Hotels.com
OYO 4651 Woodpecker Resort(Pothamedu)(Great Value!)
$45
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshighest resortvalley view roomhighest pointhighest mountainroom servicehighest peaksteep climbperfect viewfood qualityhigh altitudehill tophoneymoon packageawesome locationstayed for nightsmemorable experienceenjoy the viewmunnar town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Deshadan is reputed to be the highest resort in Kerala and is approx 4 km from Munnar town.

We had a Valley View room No 706. Our room was very spacious and had a small balcony with tab,e and chairs which offered fantastic views over the tea valley. I cannot imagine that any room had a better view than ours, although all the Valley Rooms would have the same view. The bathroom was quite spacious too. Plenty of hot water and a good shower. The bed was the most comfortable I have slept on. Pillow top mattress was wonderful. My only gripe here is that the mattress could have been a bit cleaner. The bed linen was spotless and our room and bathroom were very clean. There are two valley rooms which are at ground level, but the others have quite a lot of steps and there is no lift so not suitable for anyone with mobility issues.
We took our meals at he restaurant which is very nice. The food was buffet style which gave us the opportunity to try out new foods which we wouldn't probably wouldn't have ordered otherwise. The buffet consists mostly of Indian choices but there was at least one non Indian option also. On the nights that we stayed there were pasta dishes too. Although not on the buffet at breakfast, eggs are available if you ask for them. we had the Masala omelette one day and boiled eggs another day. All the food we had was hot and very good quality. There is quite a good selection on the room service menu which includes non Indian food if that is your preference.
Once you are at Deshadan it is difficult to go anywhere else in the evening, so you have to eat there. The approach road is very narrow, winding and dark. We arrived around 8pm at night and it was not a journey I would like to repeat. Daytime the road is okay.
Would we stay there again? Definitely! So I guess that's the proof of the pudding.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cariaddxb
anup1, Manager at Deshadan Mountain Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for showcasing Deshadan Munnar at its best.

It is just wonderful to read through the experiences, there is nothing more to express instead to say " Thank you so much".

Please refer or recommend Deshadan Group to your near and dear ones.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I know my review has been late but it had to come.Had been there with my wife in July.After looking at the great reviews I went there.However, I was very much disappointed just after getting into the room.The floor was soppy and the carpet was wet.The rooms were not ready to get checked in.I saw the wet towels hanging in the bathroom.Room was not at all up to the mark.The only thing I liked was the location.But, overall it was a very bad experience..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anuppadhi
anup1, Manager at Deshadan Mountain Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Sir,

Sorry to understand that your stay at Deshadan was not a memorable one.

We are trying to analyze the concerns raised by you and to correct the same so as to provide the best of Dehadan hospitalities to all our guest staying with us.

Looking forward to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a good place to be in for anyone visiting Munnar. I visited Munnar with my wife in August. The service was superb and they arranged a car on request to move around the place. The view is fantastic and the food was really good. The property is on top of a hill and u can feel the breeze once u step out to the balcony. I was attracted to the aquarium which was fed by natural water from the hill slope. It was like the whole property was connected to the nature in some way. The people including the driver (Shynu) were friendly. Special thanks to everybody who made the trip memorable for good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VinodChandran

Good Day to you !

As rightly said we are in midst of the nature making the guest feel "home away home ".

Deshadan Munnar is the best bet to feel the natures paradise.

Hope you can convey your good holiday experiences with your friends and relatives.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Has a nice view of valley, situated high on a separate mountain with quiet a steep ride reaching the hotel. Mountain was covered with different cloured flowers, might be seasonal ones. In evening clouds were just at our Balcony. I stayed at lowermost floor , Room was great. Stayed there for 2 nights. Food in buffet was average.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sumeet85

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your great response.

We are hoping to get same good responses form all our guest staying in different Deshadan properties.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This resort has been the marvelous experience of my honeymoon trip with the start of it. The staff was courteous & friendly. Good food variety & they serve hot food even on the "highest" peak of Kerala's mountains with a smile. The staff guy Mr. Lalu was very helpful during the times in booking our cab for sight-seeing or drop till Alleppey. When you get up in the morning & the cloudy mountain scene you come across via your eyes, it woo you like your are in god's lap. Seriously kerala's beauty can only be experienced staying in this resort & nowhere else at Munnar. Rooms are perfectly cleaned like I am very specific about bathroom cleanliness, & these rooms are upto the standard mark. Would love to recommend about your Munnar resort to more than 20 friends & relatives.
Please keep up the best service at Munnar. 3-cheers to all the staff members who take care of us like we are their only guest.
I hope you remember attending me, Mr. Lalu. I will be back soon.
Deshadan rocks.

Room Tip: Room 203 had best view of mountain
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Anup B, Director of Sales at Deshadan Mountain Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Sir,

As you have mentioned in your statement that Deshadan Rocks gives us the privilege to prove that we are the best in town and we will continue to be so.