“Not really sure what to say....”
Review of The Kilberry Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilberry
The Kilberry Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Kilberry B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm not really sure what to say, that's the truth. The scenery and inn itself are spectacular, the host and his hospitality were wonderful and the food was unique, fresh and flavoursome yet, despite all that, I'm a little unsure about what I made of it all.
This place passes the 'diet coke' test as I call it ie bring able to order soft drinks with your meal without scorn.
I think it's more designed for the Audi driver than the Ford Focus, if you catch my drift but that bring true; we didn't feel too out of place.
The food is terrific, I guess that's the crux, the grub was great. The plate was alive with taste, freshness and creativity. Top marks there.
I'm struggling to piece this review together functionally. Lets sum it all up by saying "aye but no".

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank delbossco

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at a local cottage and the Kilberry was recommended as an excellent place for a romantic wedding meal. Indeed it was! You do have to navigate single track road but it is certainly worth it! The food was stunning, fresh and beautifully presented! While a little on the eccentric side, the owner was personable and paid attention to detail. Service was excellent!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Chocschicken
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We looked forward to our first trip on the year to this gem of a restaurant and it excelled expectations .
From the warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere to the spectacular food, wine and attentive service, this small but perfectly formed restaurant never fails to impress.
Thanks to David and the team for being consistently outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trudi A
Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a find booked this venue for myself, my wife and parents earlier in the year a Christmas present for my parents, read all the revues didn't really know what to expect , on arrival we were met by the owner David who was very accommodating and extremely friendly had a drink at the bar. We were then shown to our rooms, they are beautiful, we had dinner that evening the food was excellent the service was excellent, the over all quality is second to none and a few local establishments could learn a lesson or two. The Kilberry Inn exceeded my expectations, I will certainly be back what an amazing place a million miles from what it was when I was a wee boy.

Thank you David we had a lovely night it was worth the 400+ mile drive from Suffolk via County Durham and Edinburgh.

Iain

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here one night as part of my 30th birthday break away with my partner. We are foodies which is what drew us here, and we were not disappointed (as often people can be when their expectations are high). The drinks that David served were also delicious and we enjoyed being educated about them and life in the area, lovely food, drinks, service, location, everything really. Right down to the extremely comfortable bed and softest bed linen I've ever come accross. It really made getting older a pleasure as opposed to a chore! Thank you very much indeed, we shall recommend you to all we know and we shall be back! x

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed overnight at this wonderful inn with rooms recently. Dinner and breakfast were fantastic as was the welcome. In fact dinner was one of our best meals ever, anywhere in the world (scallops with puy lentils and ox tail). The location of the Kilberry Inn on the Knapdale pensinsula is obviously a well kept secret. I cant understand why we havent been before and we will be going back very soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stopped here overnight on a cycling tour of Argyllshire and it was one of the high spots of our trip. The rooms are very cosy, comfortable and well-equipped, if various converted buildings at the rear of the single story building, the restaurant was exceptional with exquisite food and excellent hospitable service, drawing the guests into a convivial evening ending with a discussion and tasting of local whisky, provoked by the distillers staying there that night for a family celebration.
Breakfast was equally good and the atmosphere and comfort of the restaurant was perfect. We'll go back again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilberry
Stonefield Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Colintraive
Crinan Hotel
Crinan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crinan

Been to The Kilberry Inn? Share your experiences!