“Very enjoyable stay”
Review of The Kilberry Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilberry
The Kilberry Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Kilberry B&B and Inns
“Very enjoyable stay”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We booked for one night but wished we could have stayed for longer. I can't really add much to the reviews that have gone before as they sum up things pretty accurately. David is a very attentive and personable host. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner and all were excellent. The range and quality of wine was also good. The dining room has a couple of log fires which were very welcoming in the evening. Our room was very comfortable. The area around Kilberry is very scenic. We will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
scotland
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed in the room with the small lounge and I just have to ramble on about how lovely it all was, from Tunnocks tea cakes and caramel waffers, to the bottled water, to the gorgeous smellies in the bathroom, crisp bed linen, spotlessly clean everywhere, but the most amazing thing of all was the walk in shower... OMG I WANT ONE AT HOME! Fabulous service, excellent nights sleep oh and the food is amazing too, that Clare can cook and David can recommend any drink to go with any part of your meal perfectly. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Stayed for two nights and were really happy. We had the slightly bigger room with the sitting area all simply done and bright and cheerful - just like the owner. Very warmly welcomed - useful advice given, lovely food though we would have liked a very slight change in menu for our second night. Beautiful area and its a long drive on little roads but make the most of it and enjoy the scenery or stop and watch the seals for a while.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I have just returned today after 2 fab nights dinner B&B at the Kilberry Inn. I cannot rave enough about it in this review!
We were with 2 other couples , myself and my husband. all <40yr old..........
The cottage style accomodation is so relaxing, the atmosphere is warm and cosy. The bedrooms are Very Clean and quirky. I did miss having a nice soak in the bath as there were only shower facilites.
DISCO Dave welcomed us and was there for our every need, we had lovely aperitifs, and the menu is mouth watering and we sampled quite alot between both nights, for me the Beef is the best I have tasted and will return for that alone! Scallops really yummy and the makerel was scrumptious. The wine menu is well chosen and affordable from £14 upwards and Dave is a fountain of knowledge and excellent with suggesting different options.
We headed off on Saturday and got a ferry across to GIGHA island. The crossing is 20 mins, cost £6 return and when you disembark the ferry , there is a little cabin to hire brilliant bikes for £10 . The island is 7 miles long , and quite flat with lots of beautiful scenery . We stopped at the Gigha hotel for lunch and met some locals and found out some history of the island which is very interesting.
So if you are looking for a break with EXCELLENT food , warm welcome and cosy relaxed atmosphere, get yourself to Kilberry.
I thoroughly recommend it. Oh and there is NO mobile phone reception !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Stayed for a couple of nights in September. Nice rooms, every thing you could need, perfect peace and quiet. We had a very warm welcome and enjoyed some excellent meals and ambience. Went to Gigha, watched seals and were entranced by the views of Gigha, Jura and Islay from the remote road to Kilberry. It is important to note that it is very remote, no moblie, no wireless and a long single track road to reach it, but we took our bikes and really loved how out of the way the whole area is. Only one thing to say - there were four or five couples in residence for the weekend and we had the same a la carte menu both days. Its not a large menu and it would have been nice if there had been at least one different starter and main course on the second night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I read an excellent review on the Kilberry Inn a few years ago and alway meant to try it but never quite got around to it. When thinking about what to do for my 50th birthday the Kilberry Inn immediately came to mind. I stayed there last week for one night with my husband and two friends and we were not dissappointed. The rooms were lovely - nicely decorated, clean and very comfortable and had tea/coffee making facilities and 'melt in the mouth' shortbread. The surrounding area is lovely and we enjoyed a nice walk to the nearby coves. Our evening meal was delicious and the restaurant had a lovely friendly atmosphere. Even though it was a Sunday the restaurant was full with overnight guests and I would guess some of the locals. There were 4 other couples staying over who I believe were English and from the conversation they were having with David (the co-owner) they seemed to be regulars. I note the previous review said that David was 'indifferent' but I can honestly say we did not find this to be the case. Throughout the evening and during breakfast the next morning (which was also delicious, plentiful and had a varied choice) David was attentive and very sociable, joining in with our conversation, without being intrusive. I would agree that there is no children's menu but as the parent myself, any time I dined out with my daughter when she was younger I always checked in advance to see if here was a children's menu available and if not, was there anything on the menu suitable for her.

All in all we had a lovely stay and I will certainly be returning for a repeat visit and I have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Can't really add any more to what everyone else says about this place - it really is perfect; from the location to the rooms, the food and the owners and staff. Cannot fault it and we'll definitely be back. Can't recommend it highly enough to everyone. Definitely worth the trek to get there. Would recommend a trip to the Isle of Gigha too if you have time when you're there - a beautiful, friendly place with lovely gardens and a fab pub to sit and have lunch in the garden.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilberry
Anchor Hotel
#3 of 4 in Tarbert
Argyll Hotel
Argyll Hotel
#2 of 19 in Campbeltown

Been to The Kilberry Inn? Share your experiences!