“Lovely!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Bassethou...
Liege
“Lovely!”
Reviewed August 25, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We had a lovely stay in Montemagno, the house is really cosy and well equiped (and bigger than it looks on the photo) with a nice garden too, the weather was gorgeous and there's so much to do and see in the area!

Traveling group: En famille avec jeune(s) enfant(s)
Sep 3, 2016
thanks for your kind review! We hope to see you again soon!
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Aug 27, 2015
Dear Iysha, many thanks for the thorough and lovely review. We are glad you enjoyed and we hope there will be a next time!
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Traveling group: Friends
Aug 27, 2015
Thank you very much for your kind review. We hope to have you again in the future as valuable guests. Ste and Shirley
Kellie C
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 28, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The whole trip was amazing. Special thanks go to Stefano for all the hand-holding through the process and support while on our trip.
The villa facilities are excellent, a real find. It’s located between a road and a small river, quiet but still feels like you are near people as we could hear the cyclists as they whizzed past talking to each other. The pictures were deceptive as the swimming pool was much larger than it appeared. We didn't spend much time in the living room as the covered veranda was just so nice. In the evenings you can watch the fireflies, listen to the owls and you feel you are in the middle of nowhere.
The Kitchen had everything you would need even a dishwasher and there's spring water straight to the sink!. There are two bathrooms, one even had a washing machine which we made use of. We liked the air-con in the main bedroom as well, we didn’t use the second bedroom but it looked a good size.
There is a small supermarket a ten minute drive away which stocked everything you need with an excellent deli counter and a butchers area. We didn't use any of the local restaurants as produce was so good and cooking so easy we didn’t find the time. We used the villa as a handy base for Lucca, Florence, Pisa and the surrounding area
The only thing that drove us nuts was our rubbish satnav which sent us seven different ways to the same bit of motorway!
We would love to stay here again and would highly recommend it to couples wanting to really get away as our phones didn’t get much signal but Wi-Fi was available so we didn’t really miss out.

Liked best: Swimming pool
Liked least: leaving
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aug 27, 2015
That is a generous review and we hope to have you again in the future. Many thanks for leaving the house spotless!
Ginette62
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Disaster”
Reviewed June 8, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

My Husband Son and I chose this rental for its beauty.Unfortunately from day we faced total disaster.We completely cut off from the outside world as Wi Fi ,mobile phone connection not working ,therefore unable to contact owner with problems for 3 days .We were completely stressed and worried of what to do in an emergency specially at night in such a remote place. Telephone land line in the villa not in service.We had no electricity for 3 nights.When we finally got in touch with owner he tried to improve outside communications but with little result. We had to find a new rental where we have access to contacts.
We would like tripadvisor to advice us for a refund and compensation on our booking to Villa Maria

Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jun 12, 2015
Dear Ginette,
this was totally unexpected, especially after the effort I put to try and solve an unfortunate and exceptional series of circumstances.
I already wrote an email to you several days back and I have offered you already a refund, but I have not received an answer from you yet.
Every guest, with no exceptions, who have stayed at our little house has told me that I go over and beyond the call of duty to help in any way I can and I’m also available 24/7 even though I’m living in the Middle East. I responded to your message immediately, calling your son from Dubai on my mobile and made numerous calls to Italy to send out an Electrician and the WIFI expert to help. I even contacted our ‘’handyman’’ and sent him also, in case there was something he could do and stayed in constant contact with these men and yourselves.
One of the wonderful characteristics of this house is that it is secluded, up in the mountains and surrounded by high trees and forest. The fault in the internet was not due to problem to MY equipment, but from the internet supplier itself, It was beyond my control.
You mention that there was also no landline? There is in fact NO landline, and nowhere does it state that there is one in the house. The connectivity for the mobile phone, is again, like the Wi-Fi, dependent on the signal strength at any given time and depends on the network you use at home.
The electricity and alarm situation has never happened before and the Electrician I sent out informed me there was a short circuit in the system, which unfortunately triggered the alarm. I understand this was a cause of stress, and I immediately sent people there (in a couple of occasions you were out of the property and they were not able to get access). Unfortunately, as in most of these cases, the engineer has to go through a process of trial and error to discover the source of the fault, which was identified the day after you left. To imply that I was not reachable is completely disproportionate of the actual events that took place and leaves me perplexed as to why you would say such things and give such a scathing and negative review. These situations were outwith the owners control and due to the natural environment. It was most unfortunate that the electricity tripped whilst you were staying there, but again, these things happen in life and it is not a hotel where the concierge can be contacted and move you to another room. It has to be dealt with by the appropriate specialist and it took a little time to repair.
Had you decided to stay, and waited till the problem was repaired (and you know I did my best to fix it), I would also have offered you a refund for the days you had the problem and extra days for free, anytime you wanted, as I felt helpless and upset that this happened.
Once again, as many times before, I apologise but again, this was a one-off event most of which beyond my control. Please reply to my private email so that I can organise a refund for you, as already advised via email
Very sincerely,

Stefano Sega.
Helena L
Zweibrücken, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
“A most enjoyable, quiet and accesseable location.”
Reviewed May 14, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My husband 2 doggies and I spent 12 days in this very comfortable home, everything we needed for a wonderful stay .I could not have asked for a a better place for the dogs.
IT IS PERFECT!!!!! WE loved the beautiful location and the access to soo many places .Stefano the owner could not do enough for us , most kind..Many thanks... and of course we will stay again!!!!!

Liked best: location
Liked least: swimming pool not available
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jun 9, 2015
Thank you for the excellent review. We hope to see you again!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 20, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Traveling group: Young Children
Jun 9, 2015
It has been a pleasure to have you! Hope to see you again! S.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing