“A good base”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trilj
Surrey, UK
“A good base”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed as part of an activity week with Adventure Company. The hotel was a good base for our pre-organised activities but would perhaps be a little off the beaten track otherwise. I believe that the hotel can arrange many of the activities for you. We did canoeing, cycling, rafting, kayaking, canyoning as well as some sight seeing in Spit and Omis.

Hotel was clean, my room was spacious although they did vary in size. Staff very friendly. Food was plentiful but could be limited for veggies. It's worth just requesting something, they would usually make it then.

The town is not at all touristy, which I liked. There is a bank and supermarket next door and plenty of bars and restaurants a short stroll from the hotel.

A great holiday!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisier due to the rad and bars.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank WheresNextOnTheList

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here whilst on a family activity holiday. When we arrived there was nobody at reception but when they came they were very friendly. The rooms were spacious (the children had a room which split into two good size single rooms and a bathroom) and very clean. There are lots of bars in the area and the restaurant across the road is nice. Would recommend a trip across the footbridge that can be seen from the hotel. The food is OK, I would suggest avoiding the hake, but mostly it was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank spana29
england
Reviewed August 3, 2013

At this hotel for a week with the Adventure Company. Great hotel, large rooms, air con very good, helpful staff and nice food. Front facing rooms are a bit noisy with traffic and the odd noisy reveller.

Everything very clean. Well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank johntaylorEngland
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went to Sv. Mihovil on a family activity holiday. The hotel itself is simple and I would class as 3 star. The activities are excellent, particularly the white water kayaking we did. The staff were very helpful and even helped us amend our itinary when we decided canyoning was a challenge we didn't relish! The food in the hotel again was simple but very nice with huge bedrooms, including a seperated room for our son and daughter which greatly improved their holiday. Some of the staff didn't talk very good english which lead to some misunderstandings, but there was usually someone on hand to help out and to be honest - my Croatian is non-existant so I am not one to complain. As a hotel I have stayed in better, but the holiday package they laid on was fantastic. . . and wow, what a fantastic country.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank SeagullSteve
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very good hotel in the middle of nowhere.
Been there in the off of the season with my sport friends and we enjoyed in good food, our football ( and drinking activities ) and fun.
We found few very good restaurants near the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ivo K
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The only hotel in a small town 40 minutes from Split, Sv Mihovil sits in a cool and pretty river valley surrounded by mountains. Our children swam in the river every afternoon, sometimes with water snakes (harmless- we checked) and counted lizards and multicoloured butterflies on the way there and back.
During the day activities are arranged by the hotel owner's brother. He will sort groups and grade activities (canoeing, canyoniing, cycling etc) so that everyone is happy with the pace and company. These can be prebooked (Green World, Vamos) or arranged on arrival, and are set in a surrounding nature reserve which is amazingly tourist free considering its unspoilt beauty.
Rooms are large and clean, and staff are friendly and either speak excellent English or are keen to practice with guests.The owner particularly was brilliant throughout our stay. When I turned up with an injury that worsened I was taken to hospital and looked after as if I was a member of his family.
Overall I would recommend this as a hotel for people who love nature, water, a bit of healthy activity and who want to be treated as if they are an asset to a small locally run family business.

Room Tip: River side rooms are quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank emily g
Split, Croatia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

my friends and I wanted to eat frogs so we called earlier and made reservations. we supposed to come at 19.30 but were 30 minutes late so when we came to the restaurant our waitress was very nervous and she yelled at us, something like "where were you, you are late!". that kind of behaviour really pissed me but I stayed calm because of my friends.
the place was crowded and only 2 waiters working. they gave us menu but the prices there were different from the prices on their web site. to be exact, they changed the old prices and wrote the new one with a pen. that made me very angry but didn't want to make a scene in front of my friends so we ordered what we came for and hoped the food isn't as bad as the service.
while waiting for food, I went to the toilet to wash my hands. I could barely enter the toilet because it smelled like it hadn't been cleaned for a week! and there wasn't soap so I couldn't wash my hands. there also was no toilet paper.
when our food came, we were very disappointed because when we ordered we've been told is it enough food for all of us but in the end we went home hungry and for that kind of money we could eat much better with better service in our home town.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank tica27

Been to Hotel Sv. Mihovil? Share your experiences!