“Clean, quiet and beautiful view”
Review of El Safa Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sohag
El Safa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sohag
Ottawa, Canada
“Clean, quiet and beautiful view”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The staff at the Safa were very helpful, the rooms were very clean, and the hotel is quiet. The Nile view is absolutely amazing (if you stay Nile-side).

The food at the restaurant is good, and the breakfast is Egyptian style (boiled egg, white cheese, fuul). You can get the food delivered to your room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
16 Thank joseph34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great location and good room size but very poor decor and facilities eg. The airconditioner remote's batteries were empty.
The staff need to improve their performance.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Mtea2011
Australia
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed only one night in Sohag and chose the El Safa because of the cheap price, it cost about $35US for bed and breakfast.
The room was large and clean, the decor was dated and busy but fine. I was on the 7th floor and had a great balcony with a Nile View, nice to sit and watch locals swimming and fishing in the early morning. The TV had good reception and there was a couple of English channels. The room was quiet and I had a great night sleep.
The hotel itself was very quiet when I visited due to revolution, for example my guide and I were the only ones at breakfast. That may be why the breakfast was very simple, it was an Egyptian style breakfast whch I like but very sparse. Boiled eggs, fuul, cheese, pickled vegetables, salad, small rolls, yoghurt and that was it, there was no juice or fruit and we had to ask a few times before we got tea or coffee. Restaurant staff were quite slow when asked for napkins and spoons for the coffee. Reception staff were very good and willing to change large notes for smaller denominations.
I travelled by car from Minya with my guide so we had no problems wandering around Sohag at night, we had a fabulous meal at Koshary Gohar in Downtown. The restaurant is only a short walk from the hotel and it was packed with locals. I was a novelty that is for sure and everyone was very friendly. I could not finish my meal though I tried, it was an enormous portion for about 10LE, the most delicious koshary I've ever eaten.
I would recommend this hotel for a night or two as it was clean and in a good location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
23 Thank Nefertari
Skane County, Sweden
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I enjoyed my stay for two nights at this hotel. The room was spacious and beautiful with a balcony with nileview.
They had a terrace with a restaurant visited by locals also and it was very nice to sit there in the evenings and relax. Breakfast was good and generous.
Staff was very helpful and friendly and I regret not staying longer in Sohag.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
12 Thank vagabond01
South Pacific
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We stayed only one night, but enjoyed this clean and lively hotel. Sohag is a bustling small town and the Safa hotel's large veranda area overlooking the Nile is the social hot spot of the town. No beer, but you can get a good local meal - which comes from the Army-canteen style dining room on the second floor - with your soft drink.

This clean and friendly hotel is the first choice for anyone staying in Sohag.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Luigi A
Brisbane Region, Australia
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Compared to other budget accommodation in Egypt, we were spoiled at the El Safa Hotel in Sohag.

The room and bathroom were larger than most places. Even provided with shampoo, conditioner and soap!

The pink coloring of the bedding was bright and lively and made the room feel more modern than most.

There was also a balcony, which provided excellent views of the Nile, which was right at the back of the hotel.

We really enjoyed our breakfast and dinner at the restaurant situated on the first floor.

Could easily have spent more time here.

• Liked — Extremely comfortable
  • Disliked — Need for a police escort for tourists on leaving hotel at night
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12 Thank Shazlex

Been to El Safa Hotel? Share your experiences!