“even the french come here for steak and maigret de canard”
Review of Kirsty's restaurant - CLOSED

Kirsty's restaurant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I eat here monthly when we have our 1st of the month Wedneaday quiz and the food is usually quite good. However we went for a 'proper' meal tonight. We decided against starters, sticking to main meal. I and 3 other ordered faux fillet with frites plus pepper sauce. It was cooked to perfection. One of the nicest steaks I've had in France. My husband had the maigret de canard and he thoroughtly enjoyed it, I had a taste and it was melt in the mouth. They do lovely vegetarian food here, when you book let them know there is a veggie in the party. I've had quite a few veggie meals here and always enjoy them. Althought I'm not a sweet person some had the brownies apparently they are delicious. There were 7 of us andthe meal came to around €160 which included wine aperros and coffee. Good value for money. Negatives, service a bit slow but it was busy so forgive them for that.

1  Thank Maggs W

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant back in April when signing for our property near Chassiecq. We were a little early arriving and had to sit outside before the owner Kirsty came over and asked us if we would like a drink. She brought over a bottle of red wine and then we sat outside taking in the lovely surroundings whilst we ordered.

The food was fantastic, I highly recommend if you are visiting, passing through or live in the region. I would certainly recommend Kirsty's Restaurant to all who stay with us and anyone who wants a good meal at great value for money.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Very good meal for 3 people - 3 starters, 3 mains, 2 desserts, good bottle of wine and aperos for less than 100€.
Very nice setting despite bad weather, decor good and comfortable seats.
Service just right - not too long between courses but not rushed. Music perfect for eating.
Good food - even pleasing a very fussy person with excellent steak and chips.
Very well priced wine of great quality.
Only downside was that it wasn't very busy so lacked a little in atmosphere so I would encourage you to go and help improve this very small flaw. You won't be disappointed.
Only thing lacking was a bit

1  Thank Tracy C
Reviewed April 29, 2014

6 of us visited Kirsty's last thursday 24th for my birthday. All I can say is Wow. The setting is just beautiful, the food was to die for, best steaks we've ever had in France. Nothing was too much trouble with excellent service. Very reasonable prices. All in all a very enjoyable experience. Would defiantly go again if we were in the area

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I use this restaurant about once a month to attend a quiz, part of the evening is given over to a 2 course meal. Always good value for money, with some lovely vegetarian options. Their beef is usually their own. The restaurant is nicely decorated, I would suggest contacting them via their web site www.Champlaurier.com or by phone 05 45 51 47 17 to check opening times.