“My favourite place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kirsty's restaurant - CLOSED

Kirsty's restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chasseneuil-sur-Bonnieure, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favourite place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Thursday night we had another lovely meal at Kirsty's, it has now become my favourite place to eat, always so friendly and the food is excellent quality and value compared to other restaurants in this area.

I am surprised this place is not packed all the time, although last Saturday i went there for a soiree with music and it was full and nearly all French.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank fussyfrance

Angouleme, France
“May try again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My Grandmother always said " if you have nothing good to say, say nothing " so I will just say the chocolate micuite was good. I may give it another try to see if my first impression of everything else was wrong.

• Visited February 2013
Nieuil, France
“Just Fab!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited here last Friday before heading back home on the Saturday morning. The food was just outstanding and the steaks were even better than our previous fave restaurant Chez Steph in La Rochfoucauld. Starters were also brill and the 2 girls with us enjoyed their food as well. The hosts are friendly and welcoming and the whole ambiance is wonderful. My husband and I have booked for next Saturday when they are having a Mexican night with Jazz/Blues band.. can't wait

• Visited November 2012
angouleme, france
“the steak is so tender”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

we have eaten here a couple of times now & have been impressed on each occasion. The grilled meats are beautifully cooked & the steak is so tender I could eat here every day. No set menu which is perfect as sometimes we only want 1 or 2 courses. The starters especially the smoked salmon mousse with fresh ciabatta are excellent. All main courses are accompanied by either frites or Pommes dauphinoise & veg of the day. Wine is mainly local & reasonably priced & desserts are a delight. The setting is beautiful on a warm summer's evening sitting by the lake, but the interior is equally welcoming & spacious with the biggest bathroom I have ever found in a French restaurant. Service is attentive & the owners have worked extremely hard - we wish them every success & will be returning regularly. This last occasion the bill for 6 of us was 140euros which is excellent value for money.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank mitsy58
Abergele
“Beautiful meal, with lovely company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Taken to this lovely restaurant by my sister and husband, who have been there themselves a few times. Great service, wonderful steak, divine sweet, coffee and wine. All for under 25 euros. I shall look forward to returning again when I next visit my sister.

• Visited September 2012