All reviews thermal water sant angelo sea pools island spa beach
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

This is the real italian beach holiday experiance as You know it from old films. Everything is real italian. Do not expect the average charm of American Business hotel. Relax in a private hot pool and Sauna heatet by vulcano activity. You have to walk 5 min. to reach the hotel. Luggage is taken care of.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2015

We had a lovely stay here the room was comfortable and clean and the fact that it (and every room in the hotel) has a private balcony overlooking the beach is lovely. The setting is incredible, with the hotel located on the beach. The view of Sant Angelo is beautiful.The dinner we had here was very nice. Breakfast was ok, but not as good as dinner. The manager of the hotel didn't speak a lot of English and unfortunately we didn't speak Italian, but he was still very helpful when we asked for advice on a day trip to Pompeii, despite the language barrier.

Maronti beach itself is lovely, and I would recommend people to stay here for a quiet and relaxing trip.

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed May 8, 2015

La Gondola is my favorite hotel in Ischia. I have been to the island many times and as I visited different beaches... A. Maronti is the best beach on the island because of all the bars, music, beautiful people and of course, La Gondola and B. The food there is so good it feels like Nonna (grandma) placed the plate down in front of you herself.
The staff is warm, welcoming and very accommodating; they treat you like family and are willing to appease your every need.
The interior is worth mentioning as well. A classic style, for this place has been around for over 30 years. The tiled steps call for a mini photo shoot (guilty) and the terraces, both on the bottom and top floor in the dining areas are tranquil, comfortable yet sophisticated.
They are not only a hotel with expansive beach front property, they also have one of the most beautiful thermal pool terrace areas on the beach...and maybe even the island.
Ischia is widely known for their thermal spas because of the natural hot springs produced by the rock. La Gondola offers an all natural sauna and salt water, thermal pool. A tranquil experience on beautiful property which sits at the foot of the rocky hill; as if Jupiter hand chiseled away in all the right places, just for them.
I loved my stay here. It was affordable and received way more than I expected (compared to other stays on the island). I will definitely be returning next year.
Don't forget about the peddle boats and sea floats they have, ready and waiting! All you have to do is ask! Take a nap on the floating bed or a ride around San Angelo in the pedalo.
Buon Viaggio!

Room tip: Have dinner on the terrace upstairs- it will take your breath away.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank tmm718
Reviewed March 19, 2015

We had a very good experience staying in this property during our trip to Italy. I guess we were the first Indians to stay in this hotel and the owners made sure we enjoyed the stay with them. Had a room on the top floor with a view of the sea which was very nice. The rooms are clean and specious. The balcony with the view in the added bonus and specially good to just relax. The thermal pools are really nice and so you do not need to go out of the hotel. Definitely recomend

Room tip: Rooms on the top floors
Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed September 7, 2014

We stayed in La Gondola for 2 nights. The location is fantastic - right on the Maronti Beach, overlooking Sant'Angelo - just wow! But that's clearly the only positive point I can think about.

As soon as we arrived the staff made us feel the most uncomfortable ever by being very rude. They didnt give us any info on the hotel, the wifi, the surrondings, NOTHING.
his went on for the next 2 days, not a single a smile but instead dirty looks or ignoring us, like we were ghosts. I've basically never felt so hated in my life. On the last night we unfortunately lost the keys of our room on the beach (guess it's not the first time it happens in the hospitality industry!) so we had to ask the staff to open our room for us. The owner arrived, very pissed off, opened the room, entered the room and started looking in my bags without my permission!!!!! I was just flabbergasted with what was happening, the owner then shouted at us and insulted us in Italian, slammed the door and left. We decided to pack our stuff and leave the next day straight after breakfast.

When we went to pay after breakfast (may I precise 130euros/night is far too excessive when you're being treated like this) the owner took our money without saying a single word - we wrote the price on a piece of paper - no hello, no thanks, no goodbye. The worst experience of my life.

This is clearly an Italian resort and foreigners are not being made welcome. Stay away from this place!!!

Date of stay: August 2014
2  Thank clooheey
Franco T, Direttore at Hotel La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2014

Dear Guest,
Sorry to say but it's true, if we do for you we have been the worst hotel ever,
for us to know that you were the worst guests ever.
In two nights spent here you have been a problem for us and other guests,
the first night you did no sleep the neighbors, you drank spoken aloud and listening to loud music outside the terrace of the room and even though you were recalled by hotel staff and other guests have continued to have no respect for others.
Second night you swam in the sea at night losing the keys of the room
at the beach, you're presented at the reception wet and you said you do not remember if you left the key in the room or have lost it, so the manager has opened the room with a passepartout and took a look in the room to see if you had forgotten there, but no one was permitted to view in your luggage or personal things, or yell at you.
What you have told is a lie and it is an offense to us.
Best regards