Sosian Ranch
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$106
Aberdare Country Club(Aberdare National Park)(Great Value!)
$220
  • Breakfast included
Maxoil Hotel(Nanyuki Town)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Jumia Travel
Joskaki Hotel(Nanyuki Town)
Jumia Travel
All reviewswild dogsthe rivergame drivesfillet of beefthe main housebush dinnerlovely lodgeexciting activitieslaikipia plateauland roveron the rockswonderful experiencecamel trekkingloved every minuteroaring log firefabulous placedelicious food
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The Safari trip at Sosian Ranch was a very memorable experience for both my husband and me. It was our first trip to Kenya and on a Safari. We were pleasantly surprised by the very clean lodge and the amenities available. We enjoyed the thrill of a bushfire dinner, a riverside breakfast and the several games drives. Rose ensured that we had very home-like meals and services while Simon's patience resulted in us having very exciting and heart-throbbing games trips, especially the near darkness looking for the lions and leopard!! The camel ride was the climax for me! Our stay at Sosian Ranch will be a life time memory for us, thanks a lot to Rose & Simon! Will not hesitate to recommend Sosian Ranch to anyone planning to go for a Safari in Kenya!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I have taken approximately 13 safaris throughout Africa and I can honestly say
this was one of the most enjoyable. The accommodation was excellent very clean and thoughtfully laid out. The food and company were great. We went to see the Wild Dogs mainly and we certainly were not disappointed. Ambrose our guide found the dogs each day and we had an exceptional
two hours with them playing. Could not have been better. My birthday celebrations were great - a lovely cake and dinner for two in the bush. Rose is a very thoughtful hostess and she and Simon make a good fun couple. I would have no hesitation in staying there again should the chance arise.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room near to the main house/camp as I cannot walk far and we were lucky enough to have the bridal suite or at least we thought it was. Brilliant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed with our daughters aged 14 and 10 for 4 nights.

We did all the activities that we could ... The highlight for our girls was sleeping in a swag under the stars on the banks of the river for an evening. We also jumped from the top of a waterfall, went tubing on the river, fished, did camel rides and many safaris. The highlight for me was sunrise from the top of a rock in a nearby range.

The centre is run by a young couple, Simon and Rosie, who gave us an amazing time with each adventure experience. They have a fabulous support team who helped make our stay a great one. We enjoyed the time spent with our guides Ambrose, Simon and Leckeai who were keen to share their knowledge.

The spaces in the main house are great. A massive verandah with lounges, comfy chairs and a dining table surrounds the main house. Indoors is great lounge area, a separate dining room and a snooker and cards room.

The rooms that we stayed in were spacious and has really good beds. The water was the softest that I have ever experienced.

The pool has a massive pavilion with a couple of lounge areas and a full sized dining space. We used this area for dining quite a few times.

The scrub land makes animals harder to find. It is amazing how quickly even the biggest animals can disappear into the scrub so it is more rewarding when you do see them. We would have liked to have seen more of the wild dogs, but they proved particularly elusive.

There is a variety of bird life and many flowers were here too.

Our girls voted this the best part of our trip to Kenya.

Room Tip: We thought the cottage to the left of the house as you come in the main entrance is the best one.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I visited Sosian Ranch as part of our honeymoon - which was brilliantly tailored to our needs by Africa Rose Travel. Having never been on safari, and with only scant travel experience in Africa, I didn't quite know what to expect of the trip or the facilities. But I can happily say that our experience at Sosian was the most rewarding and memorable of any of our trips together; the lodge was beautiful, the staff personable and attentive, our room was to die for and the safari excursions were spectacular. We ventured out on horseback every morning for a 3 hour hack through the bush, spotting all the wildlife you can imagine, before returning to a hearty breakfast, followed by another excursion in the back of the Land Cruiser to see even more wild beasts. We played tennis, swam in the natural spring pool (with the occassional Dik-dik for company!) and were treated like king and queen with the place practically to ourselves for a few days. I especially miss the early evening excursions where we would stop the cruiser at sunset atop a ridge somewhere to listen to the wild dogs, elephants and other sounds eminating from the bush all around us over a gin and tonic or Tusker beer. I would return in a heartbeat and very much look forward to doing so when the chance arises. Thank you again to Rose at Africa Rose Travel for creating such a fabulously intimate and perfect trip for us - I recommend your services to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: Go for the honeymoon suite!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We started our holiday in Kenya at Sosian Ranch with the Masia Mara to follow as the main event but this place turned out to be the highlight of our holiday. We did so much in the 4 days we were there including walking, climbing baboon rock to see the sunrise (thanks again for the 3 guys who helped us both down again!), swinging out on a rope & dropping into the cold river, tubing down the river, morning & evening game drives with the best 'Stewart Special' G&T for Sundowners (a tradition we intend to keep up in England) and a 'picnic' lunch by the river - way better than any picnic I have ever had! A big thanks to Rosie and Simon as great hosts and all the lovely food - I have never been a beef fan but the beef cooked on the camp fire under the stars was my favourite meal of the whole holiday - perfectly cooked Simon. But the biggest thanks goes to Stewart & Paul, our fabulous guides. We had so much fun with them and they did their very best to find us lions from driving through thick bushes, which I thought we would never get through, to climbing trees to look for them - they were there but just avoiding us. We also met some lovely people and quickly felt like part of the family - a varied group but everyone got on so well. I recommend this to anyone with a sense of adventure but expect to leave feeling exhausted but exhilerated and very well fed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple