“very pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cootehill
Dun Laoghaire, Ireland
“very pleasant stay”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We booked this hotel last minute and were very pleased with the standard of accommodation. Rooms were very large with a fantastic comfy bed! We upgraded to a delux room which for an extra 10 euro per night which we were very satisfied with. I also availed of a massage and pedicure while there in the small spa. Both were excellent and I must commend your spa therapist Martina for a fantastic massage. The brochure stated 1 hour and thats what I got and more. I think my massage lasted about 1 hour and 10 mins. Really good value for money at 55 euro. We had dinner included in our package which was also to a very good standard. Both of us had the steak main course which were pefectly cooked and delicious home made desserts to finish off the meal. Overall a lovely experience. There was a wedding reception on the saturday night but overall it wasnt noisy and we could hardly hear it in our bedroom. It may bother some people so its probably important to mention. There doesnt appear to be much soundproofing between rooms so this too is something that may be of concern to some people depending on who is staying in the room next door!! We werent bothered though. Overall very nice hotel and good value for money.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dubmollie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Northside
Reviewed July 23, 2009

My bedroom was the sitting room of a house across the carpark, no problem there really except....NO hot water to shave or shower....I rang reception... " O.. it must have tripped.. I went to the hallway found the Power breakers it had not tripped. Fount the hot water tank under the stair, no switched on. The receptionist could do nothing for me when I requested a reduction. a Manager later left a voice mail on my phone to call him....I did not waste any more money calling them. It would be improved also with a few Irish staff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brickkie
dublin
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Stayed there for brothers wedding Meal and service was excellent, couldnt find fault with anything except stay wasnt long enough. one thing i would mention is that hotels website is very misleading and not up to date,as I have stayed there before and the hotel has completely changed, it was a nice cosy country hotel now it is has being transformed into this top class modern hotel but still has that warm and friendly feeling about it. I stayed an extra night and day after the wedding and have to compliment the chef for the breckfeast and dinner in the reynards restaurant the food was just delicious. would defo recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Ronan K
Warwickshire, England
Reviewed January 8, 2009

In December 2007 my fiancée and I put down a deposit of €1500 to secure the Errigal Country House for our wedding and reception, to be held in October 2008. We were informed at that time that the hotel was planning to add an extra reception area in the near future, but we were assured that this work would be finished by the time of our wedding. In April ‘08 we received a letter from the hotel informing us of the plans to extend the hotel which stated that the impact would be ‘minimal’. In June ‘08 we visited the hotel to find that an entire wing was in the process of being added to the front of the hotel and were dismayed to learn that the development would not be finished by the time of our wedding. Thus we would be entering the hotel on our wedding day in front of a building site. In addition, as a result of the extension the windows in the civil ceremony/reception area would be blocked up, resulting in a very dark and dingy room. We were obviously devastated about this and subsequently cancelled our booking and entered into correspondence with the manager in an attempt to reclaim our deposit. A detailed letter outlining our dissatisfaction merely resulted in a solicitor’s letter three weeks later which did not address any of our points. We replied to this letter twice but did not receive further response until our bank contacted the hotel’s solicitors on our behalf. The solicitors simply informed them that we had broken the contract by cancelling the booking and had therefore breached the contract.

As you can imagine, this caused us a great deal of mental stress. Not only did we have to locate another venue on the same day but we also had to rearrange all of the bookings.

The hotel itself seemed very nice and we were looking forward to having our wedding there. However, we appalled by the treatment we received and simply cannot recommend the Errigal Country House Hotel. I recommend to anyone wishing to hold an event at this hotel that you obtain a written and signed contract covering every detail of the event before handing over any money or you might find that your day was ruined as ours was.

Stayed October 2008
7 Thank Alfie2020
Dublin
Reviewed November 25, 2008

Browsing centralr.com and came across this lovely hotel and at the advertised price of €29 per room per night I decided as a inexpensive treat to book myself and himself in. After booking through the web and an initial deposit deducted from my card, I was sent an email to confirm booking with this price. Ten minutes later I received a call from the hotel directly who informed me that the price on the website was wrong and infact it was €129 per room per night and that there was no way they could honour the original price stated on the site. I argued politely that the price advertised should be the price I paid, to no avail, I was offered the room at €99, I declined. I was soo looking forward to experiencing Cavan and this hotel and we were both excited at the possiblility of some quality time together at such a steal. Whats that saying again "you dont get something for nothing"...I certainly wont ever consider here again...pity really!

• Liked — The price...
  • Disliked — Price per night advertised falsely on a website and than not honoured...
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank DubSunWorshiper
ireland
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Stayed at hotel for 2 nights with husband and two children. Room was clean and spacious but very noisy as we were near the back of the hotel with the kitchens below us so they had an extractor fan going all the time. Views from the room were very nice.

Bathroom spacious and clean but was very disappointed with the old ageing blankets that they put on the beds. Hotel prices per night for a family room were expensive and would recommend that the hotel invest in some new blankets as the ones on the bed looked fit for the bin. All bed linen was immaculate and clean.

Breakfast was a disappointment on the second morning as it was buffet style and they had run out of food. Hotel staff did not seem bothered about the lack of food available and breakfast tables had not been cleared from previous occupants so it was difficult to find some where to sit;

• Liked — Lovely setting
  • Disliked — Poor service in the breakfast area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank aobturn
wexford
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Just back after a wonderful stay at The Errigal Country House Hotel and it certainly lives up to its best reviews here.

Setting is beautiful with rolling hills and grass land. Our room was very comfortably furnished with all modern facilities which one would expect from this new hotel. we woke up on Saturday morning to the sound of the birds singing outside.

What made it extra special for us this weekend was the personal service and friendly staff which was evident throughout the hotel as well as the excellent food we had in both the Restaurant and bar.

We got lots of information of things to do in Cavan and we opted for a leisurely stroll in Dartry Forest in Cootehill. The map we got at reception was very helpful. My wife had a massage in Eden Spa and enjoyed the experience immensely.

We will be back again hopefully before the end of the summer.

• Liked — quiet peacful location
  • Disliked — having to leave
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cootehill
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
Hotel Kilmore
Hotel Kilmore
#3 of 4 in Cavan

Been to Errigal Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!