“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cootehill
Navan, Ireland
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed here with my husband for just one night. Really enjoyed the stay. Lovely hotel, friendly staff and really good food in the restaurant. €179 for one night b&b and dinner. Cocktail list a bit limited. Will go back again for another stay. Would suggest the hotel might have the heat on in the room before guests arrive as it was chilly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sinead J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed here - attended wedding - the lodges which are the houses across the road - lovely cosy and warm - bedlinen and towels very clean - really homely and warm would recommend to anyone - would definately stay again.

Room Tip: they all are lovely and clean
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a lovely hotel with extremely friendly and helpful staff and fantastic food! The spa offers a good range of treatments but it is quite small. The staff there were eager to accommodate us but I would recommend booking in advance if you want a particular treatment. Wifi is available in the lobby and in the rooms. I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank cailinshligigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed for just the one night in a suite, which included breakfast and a four course meal. The suite was brilliant with its own private patio area. Jacuzzi bath and champaign and chocolates on arrival. Dinner was gorgeous and the staff where brilliant. No hesitation in staying again and recommending to anyone. Brilliant stay.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Codycoco
Monaghan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just back from a lovely valentines night away. All I can say is room gorgeous, food FANTASTIC, staff friendly & helpful, decor modern but still cosy. I could rave about how good this place is but trust me just visit and you will have a great time!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the deluxe room and was superb but seen the standard room and it was also very good.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kilkenny, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed here with my family in Jan 14 as we had to attend a funeral nearby. The rooms in the hotel were fully booked when I called to make a reservation but I was told that there were vacancies in the lodges which were across the car park from the hotel.

Check in was fine, girl on reception was friendly and professional. We discovered that the lodges were actual houses that had been converted into six rooms. The rooms were decorated to an excellent standard. However my room was far too warm and the thermostat didnt work so I had to open the windows even though it was stormy outside. My parents had the opposite complaint, their room was freezing and once again their thermostat didnt work. The worst thing was we were all kept awake most of the night ftom the constant noise from the large calor gas tank right behind the rooms. It was like a lawnmower all night long. I spoke to the guests who stayed upstairs from us and they had the same complaint. I really needed to leave my window open all night because the room was boiling but I couldnt because of the noise.

I spoke to the lady on reception about this but I got very little response. My father was met with the same lack of response when he went to pay the bill. It is unacceptable to have that kind of noise outside a hotel bedroom. I had a long drive to get to the hotel and home again the following day and really needed a decent sleep which i did not get. At five o clock that morning I decided to make a cup of tea only to discover that there was no milk. The door on the hotpress in my bathroom was broken and would not stay closed and there was a bad smell from where a pipe had leaked in the press. We should not have been charged full price for rooms which were not quite enough to sleep peacefully in.

• Stayed January 2014
5 Thank 456m
Ballybofey, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I first discovered this hidden gem a few years ago and since then I have gone back as often as I could; the setting and hotel itself are out of this world,the rooms are fabulous, clean and extremely well presented. The staff are a credit to this fine hotel and the food is always top class; I would not hesitate in recommending Errigal Country House Hotel-indeed I have done to many people! I look forward to my next visit-very soon I hope!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Berming
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cootehill
Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
Hotel Kilmore
Hotel Kilmore
#3 of 4 in Cavan

Been to Errigal Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!