“Very impressed”

Errigal Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cootehill
“Very impressed”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Fab hotel. Brillant staff, and the food out of this world. The hotel is very child friendly and has a fantasic atmosphere. On arrival the gardens are so colourful and well kept with some beautiful water features not to metion inside, the decor and cleaniness desevers five stars. Just perfect fir any occasion

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Cork
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while working in Abbott and it was in a perfect location. The room was spotless and the shower was a joy to use nice and powerful. While I stayed there in the end of June the weather was great and the local woodland was great to blow off some cobwebs after a long day in work for a run or just a strole whatever you fancy, bring a camera as there are some picturesque view and even abit of wildlife. The hotel bar has a great selection of food for every taste and the pint isn't bad either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
galway city
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I attended a wedding at this hotel recently and I have to say I was really really let down with this hotel, it all looks so grand and the grounds are very well kept but it lacks so much in other places.

First of all the cost of the rooms for 1 night is to high for such a standard room, the food that was served during the wedding do was so bad and bland it was almost uneatable, starter of a little piece of chicken in a Cajun coating which tasted like it was just dipped in white pepper, the veg soup didnt taste of anything and I opted for beef as a main and it was as tough and dry as if it had been recooked again and again, there was alot of food left on our table as no-one seemed to be to keen with it.

The next morning the breakfast wasnt any better, the actual quality of the sausages/bacon/puddings etc was again very very poor, they must just be buying the cheapest
supplies and firing them out.

Some of the staff were friendly and helpful and some wouldnt even make eye contact when you spoke with them and didnt seem to interested in helping you.

As someone who may be looking for a wedding venue myself in the short distance future I can tell you now the Errigal will defo not even make my shortlist, it all fine having a nice looking hotel but providing a 2nd class service and serving what I can only imagine as being Tesco economy food it was that bad would put me of this hotel for good.

I would not return to this hotel after my experience, ok if the room rates were maybe half the price I might stay but that would be the only reason, if I was attending another wedding at it I would check into one of the many B&B's close to the hotel as many of the wedding guests did and had very good experiences with the personal service and the value.

It's all fine and well management coming on here to reply and apologise for the poor food and the poor service and the expensive room rates but for once could a hotel do something about it, its pretty straight forward really I think, use better quality food, train your staff correctly and come on there is a recession and you charge nearly €150 for a double room for 1 night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank ben b
ManagementErrigal, General Manager at Errigal Country House Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest Ben b.
It was a pleasure to welcome you to Errigal country House Hotel on your recent visit.
May I begin by saying how dissappointed to read your comments on our food and service at the wedding reception you recently attended. As manager and owner of the hotel I totally disagree with your view regarding the quality of our food and most of our guests would also disagree. As you can see from our recent reviews. We only use the best quality and freshest produce available. Bord Bia approved suppliers. ( Sheelin Meats Kilcogy, Cavan. For all our meat products. Cunninghams Pork and Bacon Ltd. Belturbet.) We also employ some the best chefs to prepare and cook the food to the highest standard.
On the day that you attended the wedding the menu was chosen by bride and groom,
Starter Warm cajun Chicken with cos lettuce crutons Cherry Tomatoe and pesto dressing.This is one of the most popular starters
Homemade Vegetable soup. Made with local produced vegetables well seasoned to bring out all the flavours.
Maincourse. Prime roast sirloin of irish beef, well seasoned and coated with black pepper and herbs and red wine sauce. I can assure you we get great complements on the quality and tenderness of our beef at all our weddings.
I am also very suprised and dissappointed on reading your comments on the quality of our breakfast.
We take particular pride in the fact that all our produce are locally supplied by (Cunningham Pork and Bacon Ltd Belturbet) and are of the highest quality. Breakfasts are freshly cooked to order for all our guest
In almost every review our guests comments on the friendlyness of our staff in particular our Wedding Staff
Who introduce themselves to the tables they are waiting on and are there for all your needs throughout the meal.
I also find your summing up of Errigal Country House Hotel very offensive and insulting to me and our team. And also to the bride and groom who invited you to their wedding.
Regarding the price of our accodomation our special wedding rate for weekends is from €62.50 pps and is less than any other hotel in the nearby area.
As you said in your review you do not want an apology and I have no intention of giving one for your comments which are very offensive and untrue. I am disheartened that you felt it necessary to go to a public forum to voice your disappointment and anger towards the hotel,without simply contacting me or any of my management team . We at the Errigal Hotel pride ourselves on providing a very high quality of food and service and are continually working on improving service / quality of food. If you wish to contact me directly call 049 5556901 or email me at info@errigalhotel.com
Regards.
Pat Kelly
General manager.
ireland
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We've stayed here again after few years and boy the hotel had changed!:)
We've seen the extension the last time we were here, and since the hotel upgraded to 4 star, added beautiful gardens with fountains. This time we went for delux room for €10 extra and we've got spacious, lovely room with balcony and huge bed. Few of the staff we recognised from our previous visit and happy to see them still enjoying their jobs. Again we were very happy with our stay and will come back on next occasion

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charmypet
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Myself and the other half recently got married here.
Have to say we were so happy with the venue, the food, the staff, the rooms and the Hotel Manager Bernie.
Glad we chose the Errigal for our wedding as it helped us have the day we wanted.
Everything was perfect and Bernie was great in helping us plan our big day and on the day went beyond the call of duty to ensure everything ran smoothly.
All the guests seemed relaxed and chilled out. A home from home.
The grounds are beautifully landscaped and added to the backdrop for our wedding photographs.
They also cater for civil ceremonies which also suited our needs.
We couldn't find fault with our day so we would advise anyone looking for a wedding hotel in this area to seriously consider the Errigal.

Room Tip: Bridal Suite is amazing room but spoke to other guests who loved their rooms too.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mexymatosis
Dun Laoghaire, Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here for a family wedding. Although I would find it hard to find fault with the hotel itself. I was charged €145 for a "deluxe room" that was nothing special and was given a view of a roof even though I requested a room with a view. There are 5* hotels available in Ireland for cheaper than that.
We were also greeted by a smell of slurry at arrival to the hotel. Although the hotel would argue that this is not their fault it still affects the experience of the hotel.

Positives:
Very helpful and friendly staff, comfortable bed, the food at the wedding was good. Very nice gardens.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ccaulfield
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night recently. We had 4 children aged between 16 & 1. We were delighted with the size and layout of the family room. It was so spacious and we were very comfortable staying there. It's a beautiful hotel with beautiful surroundings.
The food was lovely with great portion sizes. Staff were really friendly. we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cootehill
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Lakeside Manor Hotel
Lakeside Manor Hotel
#2 of 2 in Virginia
Crover House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Errigal Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!