Errigal Country House Hotel
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Shirley Arms Hotel(Carrickmacross)
Priceline
All reviewslovely hotelwedding receptionon arrivalexecutive suiterecommend this hotelnext morningroast beefjacuzzi bathsunday carveryfrom start to finishwedding venuereception areafunction roomthe main hotelfamily roomvery pleasant stayfood was lovely
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My friend was visiting from Australia and we took her to Errigal for a late lunch in the bar. My husband and I often visit for a late lunch. We all enjoyed our meals and the friendly bar man took a couple of photos for us. We wish the great menu was available for lunch but we are happy to wait until after 3.30 to enjoy the great menu.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here as part of a wedding and had a great time. The reception and banquet hall were very nice and the staff were very friendly. The food at the wedding and at breakfast the following morning was very tasty.

We had a double and single bed in our room as there was 3 of us in the room. The room was big enough for us and was clean.

We would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Cootehill.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel was great, on arrival from the church tea, sandwiches & the best scones we have ever tasted, The meal at the wedding was just perfect. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Room was very spacious, we had often eaten at the hotel before but never stayed in it. The breakfast the next morning was great, the cereals etc were all available, you could have as much as you want, the thing I liked best was the hot food was served to us, we didnt have to go to a cavery breakfast that are more times cold than hot, full marks here. The only gripe I would have is that the dinning room is quite small for breakfast, You feel a bit overcome with people when it was full.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BernardMonaghan
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Done a two night bed and breakfast package in this hotel. Very nice food on all account, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nice location to go for a drive or walk. Very relaxing stay. Pints were nice and chilled. Only thing I can fault on after dinner was my irish coffee wasn't nice and that was down to the whiskey in it. Regards room the plugs to charge phone was four meters from the bed. But check out my ratings. All sbove biard. Recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Eoghan61
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We spent one night in the Errigal Country House hotel attending a wedding on 18th May. The hotel is ideal for such events with additional cottage accomodation in the grounds which helps to cater for large groups. The staff were extremely professional, frendly and courteous and speaking to many of them said they enjoyed working for this family run business. It was obvious that the people in charge were interested in their hotel and providing the best service possible.
The rooms are of normal 4 star standard. We were located on the rear side of the hotel and some of our friends on the front side. I would say the front side rooms are brighter and fresher.
The meal at the wedding was really good. In fact I would say it was on a par with ala cart dining and there was plenty of servings if you wished.
The only down side I would mention was the lack of a leisure facility which would probably deter me from booking for a weekend or few days. That said I would highly recommend the hotel for large occassions such as weddings or corporate outings as the staff and facilites lend themselves perfectly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family