“Great hotel for a break away”

The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wyboston
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Spent 2 nights away as a couple escaping from kids. Was our second visit . General entrance to the site feels very business orientated but is far from it once in. Rooms are good. Ask for one upstairs. Ours didn't have air con. Food in restaurant excellent. Good wine. Used to have a nice IPA ON tap, but have replaced with Tetleys - yuk! Visited spa which was very good with outdoor heated hydro pool. Went to Cambridge, around 25 mins to park and ride. Would go again!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank cbev47
CSWybo, Director of Operations Hotel, Spa & Leisure at The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

So pleased you came back for another visit and that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. I am sorry you are disappointed that we no longer serve IPA in the bar, we will be having guest ales in the bar from time to time. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the spa whilst you were with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed there for 8 days teaching a course. As always the place is quiet, the rooms are spacey and clean, service is great. Breakfast and meals are fabulous. Wireless connection is free and tremendously fast and without any problems. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank spanougakis
CSWybo, Director of Operations Conference & Training at The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Nice to see you back with us again and it is great that our conference and training facilities meet all your needs.

Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Went to Yspa at Wyboston Lakes for my special birthday celebrations with 14 friends. We enjoyed a lovely relaxing, fun day with a nice lunch overlooking the lake. Only real criticism is that there wasn't a swimming pool, however the outdoor jacuzzi was like a small swimming pool and was so lovely and warm in temperature, a real treat.
We all had a great day and will definitely visit again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen G
CSWybo, Spa Director at The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Firstly, Happy Birthday! Thanks for giving us your feedback and it is great to hear that you and your party of friends enjoyed your celebrations whilst you were with us. We do actually have a swimming pool on site and this is within our health and leisure club (separate to the Spa), but like you say the Hydrotherapy pool is a lovely place to relax.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Visited for a conference. Rooms fairly comfortable and reasonably well equipped. Staff friendly and helpful. The let down was the food. Because we were with a conference it was a buffet style offering. The food was generally dry (sea bass in particular) or overcooked. Desert was tasteless and then they served up the leftover ones the next day for lunch! Drinks in the bar were also very overpriced. They obviously optimise the profit on conference guests by lowering the food quality and ripping off on drinks. A bit disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. Our conference guests are generally accommodated in our Executive Centre or Training Centre rather than the hotel and we are unsure which venue you were using. It is disappointing to read your comments regarding the food and we will ensure that this is passed to our Executive Chef for his attention. We have built a reputation for providing great training facilities along with a quality food offering and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was a bit nervous on arrival to see the size of the complex but did not need to worry. I stayed one night with a friend and a second night by myself. The person I booked with over the phone ensured I could stay in the same room for the second night even though it took some determination on her part as it was a last minute decision to stay the second night. The spa is lovely, I had a back rub and the therapist was very attentive. All staff in the spa and hotel were warm, friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and the food exceptional. I would definitely recommend to all.

Room Tip: I stayed in Atlanta block and it was so convenient for the Spa and dining.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

So pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much that you decided to stay for a second night and am glad that we were able to keep you in the same room. The team here work very hard to ensure that all of our guests have a great experience whilst they are with us, and I will ensure that they see your feedback, thank you.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Booked myself into a mini spa day, having read about this place on the Interweb and loved it. I liked the feel of it - cosier than some of the larger spas eg champneys. Nice facilities, beautifully decorated. The outdoor pool and inbuilt jacuzzi beds were great, although I would generally prefer a bigger pool so I can actually swim as well as relax. The sleep room was very relaxing. I spent just over 2 hours in the spa (I hadn't booked any treatment) which was long enough for me, then I had a delicious afternoon tea in the Waterfront restaurant. Lovely view over the lake in spite of the electricity pylons. This will be my treat of choice from now on, I will definitely be returning.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for your great feedback - it is so nice to take time out for yourself when you can to relax and Y Spa certainly can deliver on that front. The outlook over the lake from the restaurant is a great backdrop when enjoying afternoon tea or a drink. I am so pleased you enjoyed the whole experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Just had a lovely day with my Mum and sister at Y Spa. The spa is absolutely gorgeous with everything that you would need to enjoy a day out. The facilities are excellent and I particularly loved the outdoor hot tub. The lunch was also delicious in a lovely restaurant over looking lake. I highly recommend for a relaxing and indulgent day!

Stayed: October 2013
CSWybo, Spa Director at The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thanks so much for the fantastic review. We all work very hard to ensure our customers receive a relaxing and pampered experience. I am so pleased that you, your mum and your sister had a great time with us.

I hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyboston
The Barns Hotel
The Leaside Hotel
The Leaside Hotel
#4 of 26 in Luton
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor

Been to The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!