“weekend break”

The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wyboston
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Had a lovely break at wyboston hotel ,facilities were excellent the staff were very helpful.The setting over looking the lake and golf course were beautiful.Meals were of a good standard as was the accommodation.there's also a spa we did not use this time but talking to people who did said it was very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CSWybo, Director of Operations, Hotel, Spa & Leisure at The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are so pleased you enjoyed your weekend stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon, and maybe you will have the opportunity to enjoy the Spa then too.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,298)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in May 2013.
Pros:
Spa is excellent, worthy of a 5 star status. It is newly refurbished and all areas are well maintained and clean.
Treatment rooms tranquil and there are many “chillout areas” within the spa facilities.
The hotel is set on beautiful grounds and there is a walking track available to explore
The communal areas are bright and spacious, and there is plenty of room even if the hotel is crowded
The golf course and leisure facilities are within walking distance of the hotel
Both the hotel and spa are reasonably priced

Cons:
Hotel rooms are small and a little dated, not all rooms have a good view (our view was gas cylinders)
Food at the hotel restaurant is hit and miss. Breakfast is a standard buffet with both hot and cold options, there are options to order a few extras like poached eggs and porridge.
The lunch buffet included with the day spa package is worth missing – nothing very palatable and the buffet seemed mostly empty when I was there.
Dinner was not bad, good choice on the menu and dishes were quite tasty.
You need a car to get there and explore the area

Overall, worth staying at but only if you are going to use the spa facilities

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carmenater
CSWybo, Director of Operations, Hotel, Spa & Leisure at The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

With regard to your comments about dated bedrooms, we will be undergoing some redecoration works towards the the mid-end of this year.

We have chosen to operate a buffet breakfast and lunch as the majority of feedback from our guests is that this is their prefrence. However, we do need to revisit quality and content and we will do this directly.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Writing this I feel like an annoyed parent saying "I'm disappointed" which is usually worse than saying "I'm angry".

This place has sooo much potential
- It is on a beautiful premises
- The hotel and spa is right next to a beautiful lake with a water fountain
- It is young - at time of writing it has only been open 6 months or so (opened end of 2012)
- The facilities are wonderful - hydropool, 2 saunas, 2 steam room, cool room, relaxation room with waterbeds and reading pods, separate sleeping room, 400 hotel rooms

...and a restaurant - which unfortunately, being the only eating place in the hotel, is a HUGE let down.

We stayed Saturday, Sunday and Monday of the May long weekend and every time we visited the restaurant (Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast, Sunday lunch, Monday breakfast and Monday lunch) we either witnessed or experienced ourselves - horrible customer service.

Long waits for food, cold dishes, staff who (every time) didn't know what was going on - wrong food being delivered to tables, orders not arriving, orders arriving late (waited 40 minutes today for a burger and toasted sandwich in a restaurant which was almost empty) which brings me on to the next complaint about a staff member (who I eyeballed and therefore came over to our table) who apologised for the wait and clearly made up the reason that they were busy and then legged it to the kitchen. Busy? The restaurant was practically empty... I don't mind a quick "sorry about the wait, I'll just go and chase up your food for you" but please don't take me for a fool. Previous to that we had asked the same waitress for a menu (30 second job) as we had been sitting down for awhile after having arrived at the table - 10 minutes later (in this apparently very busy quiet restaurant) I got up to get the menus myself.

Because the restaurant lies at the centre of the hotel, it is the heart of the customer experience and the hotel and the spa (which are both amazing).

If the manager of the hotel reads this, I would like to compliment you on an amazing hotel and spa experience. Was such a beautiful weekend and a gorgeous place - amazing job setting this up in the short time frame mention in your guest information booklets. HOWEVER - please give your restaurant staff a (metaphorical) kick up the bum - or better still - mystery shop your own restaurant. I am only encouraging this as this was not a one off. If you read the reviews about the Waterfront Restaurant individually on tripadvisor you may/will read similar comments (I will be re-posting this as a review for the Waterfront restaurant too).

I'm not a demanding person however it frustrates me when small details can be overcome with quick wins which will completely change the customer experience. Your food is top quality but service is terrible.

Why buy a Ferrari and only drive it at 30 miles an hour?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KimN4

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very disappointed to read your comments and feel that we have let you down during your visit with us in terms of our Restaurant Service. Please accept my sincere apologies for this.

I would be very happy to discuss your comments with your personally should you wish to give me a call. However, by no means an excuse for the poor levels of service you encountered, but we are undergoing a significant amount of change in our restaurant. I can assure you that I am closely monitoring the performance levels of the restaurant team and I will be revisiting the training given to new team members in light of your comments.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Arriving at the Wyboston lakes resort you are aware that it is a first class conference destination, but what you don't see when you first check in is the unique and lovely spa nestled in its own courtyard. After a 4 hour drive and a really busy few days I thought I might enjoy a bit of a steam and maybe a massage, but the salt room, the fragrant passion fruit shower, and the gorgeous glass fronted sauna with a view to an outdoor hydro pool and log burning fire in the courtyard with another rustic outside sauna really made me want to stay longer and enjoy every experience. I even dozed off on a waterbed, unheard of for me! Would highly recommend a visit whether you are on business or just having a chill out. Great customer service, will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Spafanliz
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Meal service inthe evening was terrible and we had to complain as we waited over an hr for our food when it wasnt busy.

The staff didnt know wot they were doing. Resurant near and over looking a lake, but spoilt by electricplylons.

Overall, we tried it, but the spa needed more for us to return.

Room Tip: Best to upgrade for £10 per night. We also booked anextra But beds are uncomfortable. We had a n...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
CSWybo, Director of Operations, Hotel, Spa & Leisure at The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and give us your comments. I am so sorry that you experienced a delay in our restaurant. We launched a new look for our restaurant on 1st May, a new menu and also some new team members joined us. By no means an excuse but maybe a symptom of the delay you experienced. Please accept my apologies for this during our "bedding in" period.

I do hope this will not deter you from a visit in the near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great facilities with all supplies of tea, coffee, water, sweets etc. topped up all the time. The food was excellent and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. All the staff were efficient and cheerful. Really couldn't ask for much more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Use this place a little and it is a very good standard for a good cost. It is not typical hotel as it is set u around sorting training and other things. However, it is a good alriund place, golf, driving range, gym and good bar! Food is of a good standard and IPA and other ales are fine selection.
If you are sorting event and need space or business alone this is good place to stay just off A1.

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyboston
Premier Inn St. Neots (A1/Wyboston) Hotel
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa
The Barns Hotel
The Barns Hotel
#1 of 18 in Bedford

Been to The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!