I do have very high standards when it comes to hotels and I must admit I am swayed by looks of a hotel but due to the fab spa break deal we got I ignored the fact this hotel didn't look so great! I have to say we were more that pleasantly surprised and the hotel exceeded our expectations.
Upon arrival we checked in and were given our room. We were very very impressed with the decor of the hotel and the effort obviously gone to modernise the building. We did think a little cladding or similar could finish the exterior off to this standard (especially when lying in the hydrotherapy pool!) Unfortunately the room we were given had a distinct smell of smoke but the receptionist swiftly reallocated us.
Our room was well equiped with a proper hair dryer and iron. The bed was large and comfy. We had a very peaceful nights sleep.
We were very impressed that the spa could be used on the day of arrival from 15.00 at until 18.00 the next day, a lot of spas don't let you use the facilities that long. The staff were very friendly and helpful which was something the hotel should be proud of. The spa was amazing! We have visited lot of spas and this is comparable to the best out there. The changing rooms were large and nicely laid out. The spa itself was great. The rooms were varied and enough to keep you occupied! The hydrotherapy pool was delightful to relax in. Little touches such a blankets were lovely. The time out room was fab with water beds and pods to relax in. A few suggestions - more hooks for gowns and towels as we had to put ours on the floor most of the two days. The attendant said they suggest not taking the gowns into the spa which didn't make sense. Towels are free flowing which we were surprised at. It was only on leaving we saw people taking blankets and bubbly to the outside seating area - perhaps this could be promoted as we would have done this.
We had lunch and an afternoon treat in the spa cafe - the chocolate moose was to die for!! Dinner was very impressive. The three course meal was all delicious. Staff were friendly and skilled. One little suggestion -some proper veg with the main course would have been nice! Breakfast offered a wide selection of fresh hot and cold food. Our only small grumble here was that the juice didnt seem fresh and tasted very artificial.
A 5 star trip and we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyboston Lakes Hotel is set in 365 acres of countryside, midway between Cambridge and Milton Keynes. It is home to the Waterfront Restaurant which enjoys stunning views of the lake and golf course. The Hotel has 103 furnished ensuite bedrooms with all the amenities you would expect from when you are away from home. It provides a perfect setting for private dining or special occasions, with dining areas and party rooms overlooking the lake. Wyboston Lakes Hotel makes the perfect destination for visitors to the area of Milton Keynes, Bedford, Cambridge or Peterborough. As well as lots to do in the region, there are a wide range of activities for you to enjoy and the flexibility to have your stay just as you want it. Enjoy time at Y Spa, our stunning spa facility, providing relaxation, rejuvenation and pleasure. Y Spa offers wonderful therapies to take you away and revive tired bodies and minds. Incorporating stunning therapy rooms, steam and salt rooms, Rasul, water beds and relax areas. A signature feature is the external hydro-pool and kelo sauna, which is connected internally to the thermal suite with an open fireplace and loungers poolside. The 18 hole golf course is beautifully set with great views and challenging play. We offer a residents golf rate of £14 per person mid-week, or £25 per person at the weekend. In addition we also have a Golf Driving Range. The Wyboston Lakes Health & Leisure Club is a great place to work-out and guests of Wyboston Lakes Hotel can use this facility free of charge. Guests staying at the Hotel can also enjoy FREE Wi-Fi across the hotel as well as in the bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Wyboston Lakes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyboston Lakes Hotel Wyboston
- Lakes Hotel Wyboston
- Wyboston Lakes Hotel Bedfordshire