“Really good spa”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wyboston
Woburn Sands, United Kingdom
“Really good spa”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Don't be put off by the way the hotel looks from the outside! Once inside it is a totally different experience. We stayed for a spa break last weekend and were really impressed. The spa, reception area and bar/restaurants have all been updated and are very nice. The bedrooms are fine - not the greatest although the wifi is probably amongst the fastest we've had in a hotel room. Bathrooms a bit dated... The spa itself is excellent - we both had treatments and, again, these were great. The only wrinkle with the spa is that even if you are staying in the hotel you have to pay to use it. We thought the hotel website was a little misleading on this as it says all leisure facilities are included. Clearly, the spa is not a leisure facility! We ate in the restaurant in the evening and thought the food to be really good quality and value. The staff were also all very helpful and positive. All in all, a really good value spa break.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed over here for a stay spa, the spa was lovely but the room vey disappointing. The supposed double bed was actually two single beds which were very uncomfortable. When we were checking out, We told the receptionist how uncomfortable the beds were but she couldn't be bothered. Very bad customer service and won't be returning

2 Thank Anu R
CSWybo, Director of Operations (Hotel, Spa & Leisure) at Wyboston Lakes Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent visit. I am delighted to hear that you had a lovely time in our new Spa facility, which we are all very proud of.

It is disappointing that you felt that your comments regarding your bed were not taken seriously, we can assure you that this would never be the intention of any of our staff and we would not want any of our guests to leave us having that impression. We will be revisiting training for our reception team specifically in the area of proactive handling of customer comments.
England
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Booked a chillax break at Wyboston. When we arrive we were impressed that our room was ready as it was only 11.30 and check in was 3pm...so good start. Room was on the small side but clean. We settled in and decided to go use the spa facilities as I had a facial booked for 1.45 and I wanted to use the facilities before my treatment. I checked with the lady at the Y spa reception that my treatment was all booked and she confirmed and then said we could go over to Harpers (which is the swimming pool, sauna and steam, that is not the Y spa) Not knowing any different we went over and ask for our robes that we're supposed to be provided. The young girl looked puzzled and said they didn't supply robes, so my partner walked back over to the hotel reception who gave him towels. Once in Harpers, I thought this isn't what is advertised and what I have booked. The steam room was small, dingy and had a horrible smell. it wasn't until I started talking to a couple of ladies in there that I realised this wasnt the Y spa. So wet and unhappy we got dressed and went back over to the main reception.The young girl who had checked us in said "oh you are meant to be in the Y Spa!" Because of the time now, I only had 15 mins until my treatment. The lady on Y Spa reception said that it would fine to go into the steam, sauna etc after my treatment but I wasnt convinced as I was having a acid peel facial. The therapist confirmed that you shouldn't go into steam etc after this treatment, so they put the treatment back to the next day at 2.15. We went into the Y spa and used the facilities which were fabulous, the outdoor infinity pool was amazing!! We asked for a late check out on the Friday as my treatment was put back and they kindly arranged this which was really appreciated. Overall was a nice stay, Y spa was the best bit...pity about the mix up which in fairness to them was sorted.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with us. It is clear that there was a mix up in communication on your arrival at the YSpa Reception. Spa Break customers do have access to all the facilities in the YSpa and we apologise for this mix up. We will be communicating to you personally.
Taverham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Visited here on a business trip and stayed over for a couple of nights. From the outside I was not to sure what to expect, first the long drive way past several other buildings to finally find the hotel, looking slightly dated from the outside.
On walking in it was different, it is clearly well looked after and the staff are top notch., booking in was simple and efficient. The room was ok, not high end but better than many I have been to,, the bed was big and comftable, flat screen telly with all the channels and free wifi made it all the better. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choose of both hot and cold fodder, they even make the toast for you not one of those silly toasters you normally get! We did go to the restaurant and again great staff, food was a little slow in comming but worth the wait and not bad value. If I was to be critical the check out was a bit of a pain, only one receptionist at eight o clock did lead to quite a queue! Overall a good stay, would not complain if I was sent there again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CSWybo, Director of Operations (Hotel, Spa & Leisure) at Wyboston Lakes Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding delays at check out have been passed to our Front of House Manager for action. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on and off for over a month on business and its a nice place to come back to after work. Its quiet, the rooms are nice and comfortable. The staff are polite and friendly, breakfast is great. Its right on the road so convenient wherever your going. The Health club over the road is a bit grotty and very busy and not what I was expecting and there's never any lockers available, it seems that regular external members keep the lockers as there own for some reason, getting a hot drink at breakfast is slow and the bar food menu is quite limited. Overall I would return on business

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is an excellent hotel that is aimed at many markets, mainly business conferences and folders but also provided an excellent two night leisure stay for us. We had a great deal on the price. The staff are friendly and efficient, the food (dinner and breakfast) was first class and the bar area relaxing, with great food and service. The rooms are small but very well equipped, with above average furnishings etc. There were good quality toiletries and big, fluffy towels.

All in all, a great stay and good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Warwick
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights this week on business. I had high hopes based on their web site, as the hotel seemed to have the things I look for: comfortable room, parking, gym.
On the plus side, the standard room is clean, comfortable and nicely decorated, albeit quite small. The gym is a reasonable size, but was extremely busy when I went before 7pm. Also it's across the road, which involved a cold dash.
All the rooms seemed to be in different buildings to the reception, and the Atlantic building I was in didn't seem to have a lift to the first floor, which may be a problem for some.
My biggest issue with the hotel is the room service menu is very limited, sandwiches, wraps and pizzas only. I wasn't allowed to order from the restaurant menu, something to do with the distance from the kitchen and they couldn't guarantee the quality by the time it got to the room. The next night I commented about this to the receptionist, and she told me I could order from the bar menu, but this wasn't provided in the room, so I had to ask when I rang what's available, not ideal.
I'm looking for a hotel to stay on a regular basis for business. But as the room service is not up to much, I won't be using this hotel for this purpose.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cheng L
Thank you for your feedback. With regard to your comments concerning room service this is something that is in the process of being reviewed at the present time. I am sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory and your comments are being taken into account duing our review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wyboston
Bedford Swan Hotel
#2 of 18 in Bedford
Premier Inn St. Neots (A1/Wyboston) Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor
Travelodge Bedford Wyboston

Been to Wyboston Lakes Hotel? Share your experiences!