“I'll be back!”

The Strathardle Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Kirkmichael B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed recently whilst combining shopping and scouting for a forthcoming attempt of The Cateran Trail. We used an Itison voucher which made the stay an absolute steal but would be happy to pay the full £85 in future. The bar food was very generous portions and excellent quality, I loved the rustic bar area which had a decent choice of real ales for a small country inn. The room was clean, large and comfy doing the job nicely. Like I said we will be back when looking to spend time in Perthsire again.

Room Tip: Room 6, had a double aspect so plenty of light and was above the restaurant so really quiet in the e...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kilapot

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We spent the night after a long walk from Blairgowrie and were very happy with the large room with comfortable beds we got. The bathroom wasn't very big, but the shower was great.
The restaurant was excellent and a nice bar.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jolanda V
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Cosy atmosphere, good choises of beers. We had a good time. There is an extended menu and quality is more than o.k. Correct service. We especially recommend the excellent fishpie and filowrapped prawns.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Johan B
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I visitied this place in March this year and thought I reviewed it, but, it seems I have neglectd to do so. My memory has obviously faded on this, but, I recall that it was Baxter friendly "The dog", the food was very good. I cant remember what we had, but, I can remeber that the Venison was fantastic and still sticks in my mind, so it was pretty special, I commented at the time to my missus, that it was possibly the best Venison I had ever had. It was warm and cosy place and a relaxed atmosphere and the locals were friendly and we all had a pretty good laugh.
As I only seem to recall good memories about this place, I'm going back in the near future, my suspicion is that its going to be very good, and, I wish I'd written about nearer the time, as I would have been a little more detailed. My next review for this place will come soon enough.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ewancameronscott
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We've just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel and I can't recommend it too highly. The minute we stepped in the door, we were greeted by the friendly staff and shown our rooms, which were comfortable and clean. The atmosphere was friendly, relaxed and old worldly. We booked dinner and it turned out to be superb. I had the best venison I have ever tasted and my father's scampi was delicious. Our only complaint was the portions were huge but we managed to clear our plate and have the dessert which was equally delicious! The location of this hotel is fabulous - close to Pitlochry and Blairgowrie - yet tranquil with the sound of the nearby river. Give yourself a treat and try it - we'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: Our party had three rooms and all were very comfortable. Room 6 had a bath and shower.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank foodlover48
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stopped off for lunch on way to Strathardle Games. Food was excellent. Deep fried Brie was delicious and portions plentiful. The waitress was very attentive and polite. Would highly recommend a visit. We didn't stay over so cannot comment on the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We came for a meal on our way home after a day out at Blair Atholl Horse Trials. We had a lovely meal which had been cooked to perfection. The owner kindly held a table for us in the bar so the hospitality and willingness to help there and was good but a few smiles wouldn't go amiss.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkmichael
Dalmunzie Castle
Moorfield House Hotel
#1 of 3 in Braemar
9 mi away
McKays Hotel, Bar & Restaurant

Been to The Strathardle Inn? Share your experiences!