“Stunning Fantastic Wedding Venue!”

Moorpark House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Kilbirnie B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just back from honeymoon having had THE most amazing wedding day at Moorpark House on Sunday 26th May 2013. The day was everything & more that Frank & I could have wished for. All our guests loved Jackie, Graham & all their staff. Everyone raved over the venue, the excellent food, the excellent staff and their whole experience. Frank & I can't thank Jackie & Graham enough for their professionalism, help, support and advice (generally through emails) as although I'm Scottish i now live in England. I echo all the other wonderful sentiments in the other reviews as this was also our experience. It was down to Jackie & Graham that the day ran so smoothly given that I (the bride) ran 30mins late for the wedding ceremony having had a wardrobe malfunction! The benefits of having total exclusivity are second to none. So once again, our thanks go to all at Moorpark for simply making our wedding day magical.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Puggsiepugh

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed there for my niece's wedding and was a perfect day. So glad we decided to stay to enjoy the facilities. Whole day was organised very well and the food was excellent. It was a day where so many people said they didn't want it to end.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine208
Reviewed May 25, 2013

foods lovely, rooms are amazing, lovely and comfortable. The Bathrooms are outstanding! The grounds are beautiful and believe it or not just get even more stunning every time we drove up the drive way! The staff are attentive, down to earth lovely people. We were married there and there was nothing more Jackie and her staff could have done for us to make us more welcome!
The only thing that I can fault was one of the rooms had a stain on the carpet but it really is the Only thing I can fault because everything else was faultless!!! Highly recommend Moorpark house for your Big Day :)

Room Tip: Ask for an Executive Room :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Was here for a friend's wedding and i honestly couldnt fault anything..staff were friendly and effective..dinner was delicious..had a great day/night and so did the bride and groom..
Thank you very much..

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank LornaAmac
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have just had my daughter and son in law's wedding at the Moorpark House and it was a fantastic day. The venue is stunning and from the moment we met Jackie (the wedding planner) nothing has been too much trouble.
The day was everything we hoped for and more and Jackie, Graham and their staff ensured that it all went off without a hitch - the rooms were styled perfectly and the food was excellent. With so many different areas to choose from there was somewhere for all the different age groups at the wedding to chill or join in the dancing etc. We really didn't want the day to end.
A big, big thank you to Graham and Jackie for all your hard work in making Tiree and Steven's wedding a memorable one for them, we would definitely recommended anyone looking for a wedding venue to seriously give Moorpark House a look you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PaulaLennox
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were married in Moorpark at the end of May 2012 and it really was the best day of our lives. I am aware this isn't a wedding review site but reviews telling you how expensive the bar is aren't exactly helpful - and personally I don't think £2 for a soft drink is expensive at all!

Moorpark is without a question of a doubt - the best wedding venue on the west coast.

These guys have the whole process nailed and look after you and your guest all day to ensure that everyone has the best possible time.

I will be honest and say that in the run up to the wedding, we were a bit concerned about the staff and administration - but on the day they totally pulled it off. any little thing that needed to be done just happened. The staff were all very friendly and efficient and looked after our guests exceptionally.

If you are looking for a wedding venue then a visit is essential. Take a tour of the grounds and the rooms and see how you feel about having exclusive use for the biggest party of your life. There is no public access, no public bar or restaurant, so every inch of the place is yours for the day.

I think it also helps that we had exceptional weather on our big day so spend most of our day enjoying the grounds. Its great for family celebrations as the grounds are private and kids can run around all day.

Since booking our wedding, we have noticed some pretty competitive deals on their website making it a really affordable wedding venue as well.

food was great, our guests had several choices, the service was also very good, but the setting and venue are exquisite! definitely one for your short list!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was recently at a wedding held at moorpark house hotel and i must say i was not impressed, Ifound the propieter rather rude and thats just the beginning of my displeasure. Now as we all know a bottle of cola is around £2.29 but guest were being charged £2 for one glass .People that had drinks had to hold on to them because if you put your glass down for even a minute went back to find that their drinks were gone weather they had finished with them or not . I also no that they were charging people for doubles when infact they were only given single measure aswell as charging people for vodka and coke when infact they were only getting coke and ice. I therefore would find it exstreemly dificult to reccomend it to anyone i know

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Jennifer I

Been to Moorpark House Hotel? Share your experiences!