“Wedding reception dreams are made of..”

Moorpark House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Kilbirnie B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception here on 18th August 2012 and the day was absolutely perfect. Jackie was on hand throughout my year and a half of organising to tell me anything I wanted to know about the venue and to put my worries of how it would all come together at ease. Jackie, Graham and the rest of the staff ran the day like clockwork and were attentive to everyone's needs even the fussy eaters! The food was delicious, the bar service and drinks were great and the hotel and rooms were stunning. We danced into the wee small hours as husband and wife without a care in the world.

We could not imagine having this perfect day anywhere else and Richard and I would like to thank Jackie and the Team from the bottom of our hearts for making this day as special as it was.

Thankyou!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had our wedding December 2012 and our full day was perfect.
We originally had the wedding booked for march but had to delay the wedding, this was handled really well and wasn't made out to be an issue. Jackie helped us rearrange the date to something more suitable and we weren't charged extra or lost our deposit.
Any queries we had leading up to the wedding were answered and we went into moorpark on a number of occasions to add different things to the day and we were always advised we could have the day exactly how we wanted it to be without a problem..

The wedding day couldn't have went smoother. The venue itself is beautiful and everyone commented on how perfect the building was and it was great for pictures inside as the weather wasn't great.
Graham was very accommodating As master of ceremony and kept everything in order during the day and kept us informed along the way.

The room was set out beautifully for the meal. I was quite picky as to how I wanted everything laid out and it was done exactly as requested also accommodating extra requests from the best men for the speech.
The food was delicious and were able to get extra requests that weren't on the menu and also last minute amendments to the kids menu. The food was served promptly, the service was fantastic and our glasses were never empty!!

Even breakfast the next day was delicious and the staff were always very busy as they had weddings on the day before and after but were still accommodating.

Overall the whole day was perfect and would like to thank Jackie, Graham and all the staff for an amazing day.

Room Tip: Gorgeous honeymoon suite!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My young sister recently got married in this hotel in October 2012. My sister and brother in law booked 2 and a half years in advance as they fell in love with the place.

On the run up to the day everything went smoothly however the day itself was a totally different matter.

On the day of the wedding ma sister had arranged for the cake an stand to be delivered by the bakery. On arrival the baker was told he could not set up the cake and the chef would do this. The cake was set up wrong and not on the stand which the bakery supplied. In fact the mother of the bride and the bride herself were lied to and told the bakery did not leave the stand. Which was untrue. Personally I think the waiting staff damaged the cake somehow and tried to hide it and stole the cake stand.

Anyway, lets move on to the meal itself. The soup was being served and the incompetent waiting staff spilled roasting hot soup down the brides shoulder and ruined her wedding dress. This same member of staff was allowed to continue serving other guests bearing in mind there were very young children at the wedding, that member of staff should not have been allowed to continue. It took almost 15 minutes for someone to administer first aid to the bride. The bride had also arranged for a chocolate cake for some of the wedding guests the waiting staff at first refused to serve this until the bride demanded that she had purchased it seperately and wanted it served immediately. Again I feel the staff were trying to keep this for themselves.

During the evening the staff tried to send the band that was a gift from the brides father away as they were told it was a DJ when at the final meeting the wedding Planner Jackie was told it was a band and a DJ. So again it took the brides father to argue with staff until they would allow the band to set up. Also the bar staff were ridiculous as well. Both sets of grandparents are in their late 80s and one of the grandmothers asked the bar staff for a cup of tea as she does not drink, the bar staff refused saying only the kitchen staff could do this and they had left for the evening. The grooms aunt had to go to one of the bedrooms and make a cup of tea with the kettle supplied in the room. I do not know what the problem is with boiling a kettle and making tea for an elderly lady.

The next day when the bride and groom were checking out all the where offered in terms of compensation was a free night in the hotel. To me that was basically a brush off especially with the amount of money spent. The brides still crys from time to time when she thinks about her wedding. It was supposed to be the happiest day of her life and her memories are horrors.

Don't get me wrong the interior of the hotel was beautiful and under correct ownership and management this would be a great place. Needless to say I do not recommend Moorpark House Hotel and I advise against it for a wedding. The bride and groom are now planning on renewing their vows in a hotel or venue that will provide a service and quality that the staff at Moorpark failed to provide.

When Jackie and Grahame read this they will know the wedding in question and I hope they feel ashamed for the way this couple were treated. However for some reason I feel this will not be true.

• Stayed: October 2012
12  Thank Christinersp
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I got married at this beautiful, cosy hotel on 6th October 2012. The day itself went amazingly well and our co-ordinator Jackie and her staff helped make our day that bit more special and personal to us. The venue is surrounded by beautiful gardens ( perfect for pictures), inside the hotel is very welcoming and also has photo opportunities.. Every room to accomodate guests is spacious especially the bridal suite which has 4 rooms and a jacuzzi. The staff in the hotel are friendly and very helpful especially Jackie who put up with our constant calls and emails but she always remained professional and helpful. We could not fault this hotel as our day went without a hitch and the food was fantastic. We would highly recommend this hotel as our big day was perfect thanks to the staff and they should be proud of their hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My daughter choose this hotel for her wedding venue. The venue is the ideal place to get married absolutely stunning.All the rooms were beautiful.The staff were execellent and made you feel welcome. Just a perfect day and night

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank elaine e
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I were so happily married here on the 21st of July 2012 - the day was everything we could have desired and more. The venue and the grounds are simply beautiful. The food was wonderful and the staff were amazing, having everything in hand at all times for us. Jackie the wedding coordinator told me at one of our meetings that each bride should feel like they were the only one and she certainly achieved just that. Our every requirement was catered for to ensure for a very magical day for both of us, our family and our friends.....This place really is a hidden gem.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I were married here on the 26th August 2012 and we had an absolutely perfect day here. Jackie the wedding coordinator is excellent and arranged everything for us just how we wanted it. Our big day ran like clockwork thanks to the professionalism of Jackie, Graham and the rest of the staff who would go out of their way to help whenever they could. Graham the Master of Ceremonies is a good laugh who captures everyone's attention when necessary! The room was set up just as we asked and was stunning. Our guests were constantly commenting on just how great a setting it really is for a wedding and the exclusivity of the venue is another big plus. If you get the weather (we managed a few hours outside for photos when it was sunny) the gardens are stunning for photographs and there is also ample opportunities for excellent photographs inside. Our food for the dinner was outstanding, simple yet delicious and again was being positively commented on by our guests. Bar prices are also excellent and are on a par with what you'd usually pay in a decent pub.
The guest rooms are very nice and decorated in keeping up with the country manor theme and the Honeymoon Suite is absolutely stunning with a great view. Breakfast was excellent and we dined in the front room overlooking the gardens which was a nice touch and the food was good.
All in all, we had our perfect day thanks to the Moorpark and for what you pay it really is unbelievable value. We had a look at numerous other places but none came close to what you get here for the money and would throughly recommend it to anyone who is looking to get married.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Moorpark House Hotel? Share your experiences!