“Tranquility and service”

Davenports Delicatessen & Event Caterers
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Herstmonceux
Description: Davenports Event Caterers & Planners - A reputation for plentiful food with big flavours & a touch of adventure.Award winning caterers with a flair & love for event & project management
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Somewhere to "disappear" with a cup of coffee and a sandwich and get away from pressures of the day. Definitely go back there

DavenportsLtd, Owner at Davenports Delicatessen & Event Caterers, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is lovely to hear such positive feedback from customers. We hope you visit us again soon for more tranquil, yet amusing service with banter & a smile!

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I came across this sensational Deli by accident when I was traveling back home recently. And I must say what a fantastic find it was!!! As I entered, I could see that the owners of Davenports obviously know there stuff. There was a wonderful selection of fine local cheeses on display in the very classy counter. And a wonderful selection of beautiful teas and coffee were on offer as well. I really liked that around the back of the main part of the deli you could sit down and enjoy your choice of drink or food in comfort as well. Judging by the fact there were a lot of people doing just that when I was there shows this place must have a very good reputation! I would highly recommend Davenports. There were also items on sale id never heard of but just had to buy because of that? Smoked salt??!!! Trust me it works! The beer sticks I bought as well were mouthwatering! I can't wait for my next visit. You need this Deli in your life forever!!!! Go visit it now you won't be disappointed!!!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is great to hear such positive feedback from customers & local ones too!!
We like to stock unusual items & local products, items that you wouldn't find in the local supermarkets - it's what supports local award winning producers too!
We look forward to seeing you visit us again & finding some more new products on the shelves too.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a lovely treat to have such an amazing deli selling local produce. Friendly helpful service, wonderful smooth and delicious coffee make this a must do again experience. So much better than all the usual "high street" outlets. Davenports is a quality establishment, reflected in its recent awards. You must make the effort and visit ....can't wait for my next trip !

DavenportsLtd, Owner at Davenports Delicatessen & Event Caterers, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our coffee is one of the best in the area, I have to admit, I am biased, but we're not humble about it & would shout it form the roof tops, if we could get up there! We are most certainly celebrating after winning 5 awards in recent weeks & this week to be nominated for the Best UK Deli, so make sure you keep popping by to see our new products & award winning dishes! We will most definitely keep up the good work!!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We Love Davenports! We love the Coffee which is great value for a really good Quality taste. We love the food, the sausage rolls are divine, the cakes are Gorgeous, my all time favourites are bakewell Tart and carrot cake. We always tell friends about Davenports and pop in for coffee regularly. We buy Bodiam brown bread each week, and have tried cheeses and cold meats, and the Scotch eggs are great... we also adore Caroline and Lizzie, and love popping in for a chat as they are so friendly and give Davenports a special and unique 'Personality'....well done Girls xx

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is great to hear such positive feedback from great customers. Our deli section has grown in the past few days yet again, so be sure to pop by! It is essential that the village supports it's local shop keepers & tradesmen, through this we can support local farmers & producers within the UK, if not just down the road!. We love being part of the village & thank you for your support. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Davenports have a fantastic range of local produce as well as serving great coffee & cake! The staff know their product well & are able to offer friendly advice. They are organising our family celebration meal & I know it will be wonderful meal to remember. Thank you!

DavenportsLtd, Owner at Davenports Delicatessen & Event Caterers, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Lovely to hear such good things about us, and we are looking forward to your upcoming event, it will be a celebration to certainly remember! Be sure to pop in soon again & try out the new cheese's we are stocking too!
Will pass on your high praise for staff to Pink Lizzie!