This review only covers the restaurant so I make no comment on the rooms. We were staying at a well known nearby hotel and were recommended this eatery for lunch. It most certainly did not disappoint. We received a warm welcome and were promptly seated in the conservatory. The service was very friendly and efficient. The food lived up to our expectations, especially the fillets of sea bass on a bed of cullen skink risotto with fresh asparagus. All perfectly cooked and complementing one another. The wine list is frankly a bit limited though there were specials available on a blackboard at greater cost. Good coffee but home made petits fours would have been nice rather than those awful biscuits in clear plastic packets. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tormaukin is an 18th-century country inn situated in the village of Glendevon near Gleneagles in Perthshire.The Tormaukin is the perfect choice if you need to get away from it all. It's hard to imagine a more perfect retreat nestling in the peaceful Perthshire countryside. Yet, it's only an hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh and close to both Stirling and Perth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Tormaukin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn Perth And Kinross
- Perth And Kinross Country Inn
- Tormaukin UK/Glendevon