My husband and I have just returned from an overnight stay at the Tormaukin Hotel. What can I say, we already knew that Dave and Lesley were fantastic Hoteliers after staying at their previous establishment. It actually took a bit of research to track them down after finding out they had moved on from The Bridge of Lochay in Killin. The high standard of food, rooms etc is reflected in the loyal staff they have, (The chef Alan and his wife Eloise having come with them from The Bridge of Lochay).
Everyone greets you with a smile and they are never too busy for a chat. The food, as always, is amazing, the rooms are bright, immaculate and spacious.
The surrounding scenery is stunning. This hotel is the perfect place to unwind and recharge your batteries.I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family. I can't wait to return.
Lastly, before I go I had better not forget to mention the lovely Daisy, who is Dave and Lesleys six year old daughter who is quite happy to wander around the Hotel chatting to the guests, she is a delight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tormaukin is an 18th-century country inn situated in the village of Glendevon near Gleneagles in Perthshire.The Tormaukin is the perfect choice if you need to get away from it all. It's hard to imagine a more perfect retreat nestling in the peaceful Perthshire countryside. Yet, it's only an hour from Glasgow and Edinburgh and close to both Stirling and Perth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tormaukin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn Perth And Kinross
- Perth And Kinross Country Inn
- Tormaukin UK/Glendevon