“A LITTLE CORNER OF HEAVEN”
Review of Tormaukin

Tormaukin
Ranked #1 of 1 Glendevon B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My husband and I have just returned from an overnight stay at the Tormaukin Hotel. What can I say, we already knew that Dave and Lesley were fantastic Hoteliers after staying at their previous establishment. It actually took a bit of research to track them down after finding out they had moved on from The Bridge of Lochay in Killin. The high standard of food, rooms etc is reflected in the loyal staff they have, (The chef Alan and his wife Eloise having come with them from The Bridge of Lochay).
Everyone greets you with a smile and they are never too busy for a chat. The food, as always, is amazing, the rooms are bright, immaculate and spacious.
The surrounding scenery is stunning. This hotel is the perfect place to unwind and recharge your batteries.I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family. I can't wait to return.
Lastly, before I go I had better not forget to mention the lovely Daisy, who is Dave and Lesleys six year old daughter who is quite happy to wander around the Hotel chatting to the guests, she is a delight.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Have been to this restaurant four times in 3 weeks with different friends. Very impressed with the service and the food has been excellent. Only been for lunch but will be going back for dinner with husband. No pressure from staff to move you on. The restaurant and bar are very old with a log fire in both rooms.

Would definitely recommend and have been doing so.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Arrived with partner for birthday dinner and were met with a lovely welcome by a lady I believe is the co-owner. Unfortunately for the remainder of the evening we were served by a waiter who wasn't in the slightest bit interested.

We were not asked at any point I our meal was ok an when I advised that the potatoes were watery and flavourless I was told that the chef didn't know why and they must have been "dodgy". Had I been in a run of the mill pub then fine however I was paying over £21 for my fillet of beef and felt badly let down. Not even a word of apology nevermind a free coffee. Disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Visited only for sunday lunch but were really impressed. The hotel was cosy and the staff welcoming. The lunch menu was varied with selections to suit most diners. The food when it arrived was well presented and hot, an aspect some other establishments seem to have forgotten about. The meal was delicious and satisfying. It's a perfect place to stop on a drive through beautiful countryside. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We have had the good fortune to dine @ numerous High quality eateries,throughout the widfth & bridth of this country & Europe! The excellence of the food at this hotel has never been surpassed! Truly fantastic in all possible respects! 1st Class!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This review is limited to the restaurant as we did not stay in the hotel.
Having eaten here for a good few years when under previous ownership we returned with some trepidation when we discovered that the restaurant had new owners. Needn't have worried it was so good we ate here twice during the week that we were in the area.
We ate here on a Tuesday night when it was reasonably quiet and the food was excellent. We were served by Louisa ,who I believe is part of the team who now own the hotel, and her skills were first class. Very welcoming and super efficient. When we re booked a table for 5 on Friday night she did warn us it was very busy and that they had a party of 25 sitting down at 8.30. Advised best to come a little earlier than this. So how was the service and food when extremely busy. No different to the Tuesday. Great food and great service. We are only in the area once a year but this place has become a must for us.
Well done to the new owners

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We took my nephew away for his 21st birthday and had planned some activities in and around Perthshire. We were looking for a base somewhere in the middle and came across the Tormaukin Hotel and read some of the comments that other visitors had written and it sounded just like the kind of place we were looking for.

I can honestly say that the comments were spot on.

The welcome we received from the staff was warm and heartfelt and this continued for the whole of the weekend that we were there.

The food was great and if I had one complaint it would be that there was too much of it, I couldn't manage it all, but that didn't stop me trying!

We all enjoyed our stay and I would have no hesitation in recommending this little gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendevon
CLC Duchally Country Estate
#9 of 12 in Auchterarder
Glendevon Country Park
Glendevon Country Park
#1 of 1 in Glendevon

Been to Tormaukin? Share your experiences!