“Very good overnight stop before flight”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cranford
Ramsey, United Kingdom
“Very good overnight stop before flight”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Warm welcome on arrival with delicious large warm chocolate cookie each. Room tastefully decorated, king size bed was comfortable and good bedding, kettle, hairdryer & even trouser press in room. Bathroom clean. Ordered room service and this was delivered ahead of their estimated time. We didn't notice any aircraft noise. The only negative was that their area for parking is not huge and when we arrived there wasn't any space with cars parked outside the marked parking bays. Thankfully some guests were departing just as we were debating what to do next so we got lucky. The next guest managed to find space in the road outside. I guess this could be a consequence of guests who leave their car there for the duration of their trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and now look forward to your next visit.

Anupreet Jeetun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
England
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Staying at the Hilton Doubletree at the moment. Arrived from central London and jumped off the tube at West Hounslow. First bus came within 2 mins. At hotel within 5 mins, so a lot better than taking heathrow express and going through terminal 1.
I am HH Diamond member. Stayed at this hotel a few times. Always offered a complimentary full breakfast. This time told I was only entitled to a continental breakfast (or £5 to upgrade to a full breakfast). The guy at checkin went on to stay most hotels within the Hilton chain operate likewise.
Well as a diamond member, I stayed at the Hilton 32 times last year and I know this is untrue. Actually every single Hilton anfd Doubletree hotel (including the Heathrow hotel) offered a full breakfast. They upgraded me a King deluxe room. But get one star for lying and adopting this stupid policy. I will stay at the main Hilton at Heathrow next time (which offers a full complimentary breakfast! to diamond members). At least Doubletree be honest with your customers, otherwise they will go elsewhere like me. (I don't even pay for my room, it is expensed, but I find your practices and lies deplorable).

Room Tip: Be honest and you will get a better rating.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank alan_67uk
Dear Alan_67uk

Further to your comments regarding the breakfast, I am glad to advise that the hotel has been listening closely to our loyal guests regarding their feedback about the Full English Breakfast supplement.

We have now decided to offer Full English Breakfast instead of Continental as complimentary to all Hilton Honours Gold and Diamond Guests. A choice between Full English Breakfast or bonus points from myway options will still be applicable to our Gold Members.

As you are already aware, we were offering Continental Breakfast as guided by Brand.

I do hope that our decision to go the extra mile demonstrates that we certainly value your custom and loyalty.

Midsomer Norton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

stayed here as part of a parking package, overnight parking at hotel is charged then 2 weeks nearby whilst on holiday.

rooms are very comfortable, good value and quiet. Food is ok too and bar is standard hotel pricey!

One of the other guests set off the fire alarm at 03.00 and we were all evacuated to the lobby. So far from the restful start to our holiday we were very tired when we flew out to JFK en route to San Juan. On our return we emailed the hotel and outlined our misfortune, they gave us a 50 per cent refund immediately. Great customer service so hopefully the next time we stay there the twit who smoked in his room will be in a shed where he belongs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Wrighty-Bath

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I am glad that you liked the room and food during your stay.

On the other hand please accept our sincere apologies for the disturbance caused as a result of the fire alarms and subsequent fire evacuation. Your help and co- operation was very much appreciated

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Lovely small hotel near enough Heathrow to be used as a stopover, however far away enough not to be bothered by aircraft noise.
Check in was great. Quick and everything explained and pointed out. The warm cookie was very enjoyable.
Hotel was clean and very well presented.
My room was the largest I had experinced in the Heathrow area. It was clean and well laid out. The TV was fantastic, My only complainet was that the room was cold. I called down but nothing was done. The bed was soft and plenty of pillows.
The bathroom was clean and well stocked. It was difficult to get out of the shower and I felt that there should have been a handrail at the end of the bath.
Room Service was excellent, quick and the food was hot.
The downstairs bar was good.
My paper and bill was delivered as promised in the morning.
Breakfast was hot, well stocked and enjoyable.
Checkout was quick and no surprises.
Overall, I would say an Very Good Hotel. I will definatly stay there again and would recommend to all my frients and colleagues.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Parryk

It is always nice to receive such positive feedback.

I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay and the standard was to your expections.

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I usually stay at the Doubletree when we visit London as the beds are really, really comfy and the hotel is beautifully looked after, clean and well run. Also there is the small matter of the most GORGEOUS cookies you ever tasted, served complimentary and warm on arrival... Yummy. Having had the misfortune to plan this trip to coincide with a Tube strike and needing to navigate across London for a gig at the Troxy, we were thinking of getting rid of our tickets when we mentioned our frustration with the strike to Faisa at reception. In no time at all she had planned our route, timed our journey and furnished us with the numbers of cab companies for the awkward homeward journey. Truly an Angel in disguise! We've stayed in far more expensive hotels with far poorer service and comforts... We'll keep returning to the Doubletree.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear mrsjennymulhall

It is always nice to receive such positive feedback.

I extremely delighted to hear about the service delivered by Faisa and glad that that in the end you made it to Troxy.

Best Regards

london, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Dear customer service I was very disappointed with my stay as the customer service was very poor the room I was given had a fault with heating Eventually I was transfered into another room where it smelled of strong damp in the toilet area and toilet did not flush I told the staff nobody cared not even an apology just a invoice under my door In the morning when I went to reception to see the maneger I was just given a card with a telephone number to call and the so called maneger looked at me in disgust and made me feel very very uncomfortable And this is ment to be 4 star??? I've stayed at many hotel's including Hilton hotel's and I've never had poor customer service like this I will never stay at this hotel ever again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Reena K

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I am so sorry that your recent stay was far from satisfactory.

Further to the correspondence with our Front of House Manager, I would like to thank you for giving us an opportunity to make up for the inconvenience caused.

Florence, Italy
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed here coming in from Australia flight in the evening before boarding final flight the following morning. Caught the national express hotel hoppa bus from right outside terminal straight to hotel. Cheery welcome, comfy bed and silent room, nice breakfast. Perfect!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Lilijoa

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I was glad to note that you enjoyed your stay and now look forward to next visit.

Anupreet Jeetun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranford
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow? Share your experiences!