“Comfortable Overnighter”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cranford
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I travel regulalry throughout NW Europe for business and stayed overnight here as a convenience before moving on the next day. I found the quality of the hotel to be aboce standard in most aspects and the customer service was second to none. I would have no hesitation in booking to stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Kerrin F

Thank you for your nice comments.

I am glad to hear that the service and standards met your expectations.

Anupreet Jeetun

Write a ReviewReviews (1,586)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

What a wonderful group of people--the manager, the housekeeper, everyone! I arrived after a transatlantic flight only to find my two bags of clothes were soaked through from being left on the airport tarmac evidently! Your people were so responsive in helping me with a clothing rack, hangars and heaters to help me dry out everything that was wet. The next morning all was dry and I was able to re-pack--none the worse for wear. Thank you so much!

Thank Dr. Barbara H

Dear Dr. Barbara H

It is always a pleasure to have such positive feedback.

We are here to help and I am glad to read that my team did exactly this.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

If I was Hilton I would get my name off this hotel and fast. Yes it is close to the airport which is it ONLY redeaming quality. What every you do DO NOT STAY in a room that is close to the road. You get the shuttle bus parked outside your window all night all coming and going.

This is an airport type hotel and I get that but this one is really a mess, surley they can do better. The front looks like the place is not even open for biz with closed off doors.

The breakfast bar was ok but of course I got nicked an extra 5 note for hot breakfast.

Oh well, live and learn.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in a room that faces the Bath Road.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Akrontravelman

Dear Akrontravelman

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I am sorry to read that your stay was far from satisfactory and would like to sincerely apologise for this.

It was nice to note though that you did enjoy the breakfast.

I do hope you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The DoubleTree at Heathrow is a very comfortable property with well-furnished, quiet, and clean rooms. Staff members were extremely helpful and friendly, as well as accommodating. The Hoppa Bus makes getting to and from Heathrow easy, and the property is located on a well-traveled bus line that connects to the Hounslow Underground stop. Journey into central London takes 30-40 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear John H

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I was glad to read that the hotel standards, service, location & helpfulness of staff met your expectations as this is exactly what we aim to achieve and your comments will definitely be rewarding to each and every Team Member at our property.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hotel fine great location for the airport Evening meal really nice No heating in my room, did complain Lots of noise and crashing all night no sleep, again this is a busy hotel with people checking in all night. i had the joy of a party in the room next door, no invite but it finished at 4AM so no sleep either hotel seemed unable to stop it all great apart from this

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear N H

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Whilst I am really sorry that your night was disturbed by the noise in the room next door, I was glad to read that the location was ideal for you and that you enjoyed the meal.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've spent around 30 stats stays at this hotel and on writing this report I am actually still in one of its rooms. I am said to say that there won't be many more stays to come for me.

The reason is that the Management chipped away at the free breakfast offering for HH Gold & Diamond members. Full English / Hot breakfast is now being charged. Whilst it is only a fiver and still within the rules of the HH program, this is such a poor move that I will now vote with my feet and book alternative hotels along Bath Road or directly at LHR airport. Yes, Suzie, you will probably point out that a fiver represents great value for the hot breakfast offering and that it is a huge discount for Gold & Diamond members on the (IMHO vastly inflated) regular price your hotel charges for the buffet. Nonetheless, for a fiver you just p***ed off a once loyal client. And reading other comments about the new policy on other travel forums it seems you are losing more business than you are gaining by charging a fiver for the breakfast.

Also, no free bottled water in my room last night added to my frustration.

2 more pre-booked stays coming up soon and then the DT LHR is history for me.

4  Thank A K
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear A K

Further to your comments regarding the breakfast, I am glad to advise that the hotel has been listening closely to our loyal guests regarding their feedback about the Full English Breakfast supplement.

We have now decided to offer Full English Breakfast instead of Continental as complimentary to all Hilton Honours Gold and Diamond Guests. A choice between Full English Breakfast or bonus points from myway options will still be applicable to our Gold Members.

As you are already aware, we were offering Continental Breakfast as guided by Brand.

I do hope that our decision to go the extra mile demonstrates that we certainly value your custom and loyalty.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Only stayed one night.
pros,room really nice and dinner fine for price.Easy to reach airport via shuttle bus,only 15 minutes.
Cons,breakfast was not good,bacon so hard could not eat it,eggs hard and congealed.Sausages were so greasy that when my husband put his fork in one the grease shot all over his shirt and face.
Spoke to reception as he had to change his shirt (new,1st time wearing)Faisa,
Her response,we accept no responsibility for accidental damage.Asked for complaints form and she stated they don't have one as such.Comments page only.Not impressed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies that you were less than satisfied with some of the breakfast items. Whilst I am sorry to learn that your husband's shirt was splashed whilst he was eating, I'm afraid the hotel cannot be held responsible for something like this. I trust you can understand that this is not something we could have control over or have been able to prevent.
Although we do not have a complaint form, we have comment cards in every room, and had you filled one of these out I can assure you your feedback would have been noted and responded to in just the same way as a complaint form.
I'm pleased you found us easily reachable via the National Express Hoppa Bus, and that your room and dinner were good. I hope your breakfast experience did not detract from this, and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.
Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranford
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Novotel London Heathrow
Novotel London Heathrow
#5 of 12 in West Drayton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow? Share your experiences!