“Lots of Noise no sleep” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cranford
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lots of Noise no sleep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hotel fine great location for the airport Evening meal really nice No heating in my room, did complain Lots of noise and crashing all night no sleep, again this is a busy hotel with people checking in all night. i had the joy of a party in the room next door, no invite but it finished at 4AM so no sleep either hotel seemed unable to stop it all great apart from this

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear N H

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Whilst I am really sorry that your night was disturbed by the noise in the room next door, I was glad to read that the location was ideal for you and that you enjoyed the meal.

We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards

Anupreet Jeetun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've spent around 30 stats stays at this hotel and on writing this report I am actually still in one of its rooms. I am said to say that there won't be many more stays to come for me.

The reason is that the Management chipped away at the free breakfast offering for HH Gold & Diamond members. Full English / Hot breakfast is now being charged. Whilst it is only a fiver and still within the rules of the HH program, this is such a poor move that I will now vote with my feet and book alternative hotels along Bath Road or directly at LHR airport. Yes, Suzie, you will probably point out that a fiver represents great value for the hot breakfast offering and that it is a huge discount for Gold & Diamond members on the (IMHO vastly inflated) regular price your hotel charges for the buffet. Nonetheless, for a fiver you just p***ed off a once loyal client. And reading other comments about the new policy on other travel forums it seems you are losing more business than you are gaining by charging a fiver for the breakfast.

Also, no free bottled water in my room last night added to my frustration.

2 more pre-booked stays coming up soon and then the DT LHR is history for me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A K
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear A K

Further to your comments regarding the breakfast, I am glad to advise that the hotel has been listening closely to our loyal guests regarding their feedback about the Full English Breakfast supplement.

We have now decided to offer Full English Breakfast instead of Continental as complimentary to all Hilton Honours Gold and Diamond Guests. A choice between Full English Breakfast or bonus points from myway options will still be applicable to our Gold Members.

As you are already aware, we were offering Continental Breakfast as guided by Brand.

I do hope that our decision to go the extra mile demonstrates that we certainly value your custom and loyalty.

We look forward to your next visit.

uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Only stayed one night.
pros,room really nice and dinner fine for price.Easy to reach airport via shuttle bus,only 15 minutes.
Cons,breakfast was not good,bacon so hard could not eat it,eggs hard and congealed.Sausages were so greasy that when my husband put his fork in one the grease shot all over his shirt and face.
Spoke to reception as he had to change his shirt (new,1st time wearing)Faisa,
Her response,we accept no responsibility for accidental damage.Asked for complaints form and she stated they don't have one as such.Comments page only.Not impressed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies that you were less than satisfied with some of the breakfast items. Whilst I am sorry to learn that your husband's shirt was splashed whilst he was eating, I'm afraid the hotel cannot be held responsible for something like this. I trust you can understand that this is not something we could have control over or have been able to prevent.
Although we do not have a complaint form, we have comment cards in every room, and had you filled one of these out I can assure you your feedback would have been noted and responded to in just the same way as a complaint form.
I'm pleased you found us easily reachable via the National Express Hoppa Bus, and that your room and dinner were good. I hope your breakfast experience did not detract from this, and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.
Suzie Riddell, Front of House Manager
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel room was clean, comfortable with all the facilities expected for a room this value. Very good value for money and would recommend staying. Good distance from the airport with regular bus service from all terminals.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeLHRAirport, Director of Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear David F

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I am glad to note that the location was ideal for your needs and that you enjoyed the service and facilites at the hotel.

We hope to see you soon again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here for about 8-9 nights intermittently with family, recognised at checkin as HH gold, upgraded to suite during 7 of those nights and of course, offered the lovely cookies.
Rooms are spacious, clean and house keeping works well. Comfortable hilton bed with quiet surroundings with lovely views of flights landing (without the noise) made our stay fab.
Breakfast was well presented with fresh ingredients used in the full English. Lattes were particularly good.
I guess, the only flip side is the parking for which a nightly charge is applicable which I think should be complimentary for guests and the reason for my 4 stars instead of 5

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dream77boy

It is always a pleasure to have such positive feedback especially when it comes from our loyal guests.

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Haywards Heath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

More back to back meetings at Heathrow saw me stay for a second night. After a horrendous night at the Holiday Inn Express T5 the previous night, I moved up a couple of levels in the comfort stakes and booked into the Doubletree.

The hotel is a short drive or bus ride from LHR, just out of the free transit zone around Heathrow (that starts at the Holiday Inn Ariel and runs as far as the Sheraton). The hotel is actually in Cranford, and is one of three buildings on a junction with a faux castle appearence. Actually the hotel rooms are in a new wing, and only the bar and restuarant, plus meetings rooms are in the faux castle, not that you would know inside.

The hotel car park is small, so an early arrival is recommended to secure a spot. My arrival was early - I was suffering from a splitting headache after virtually no sleep in the HIE the previous night so I checked in early and went straight to bed for a nap.

Check in was efficient - I declined the Doubletree cookie - (if only they didn't have nuts in them!!)- and the receptionist explained that they even though I am top tier with Hhonors, that they were not able to upgrade me to an exec room as the hotel was busy. Not a problem.

My room was on the 3rd floor which meant negotiating the stupid key validation swipe on the lift call button. The lift will only call when you successfully swipe your room key, but this never works...it ALWAYS, without fail, takes several attempts to the key to swipe.

A standard room is not as spacious as an exec room, and the toiletries available are in smaller bottles, but that aside the room is similar. The king bed was an oasis of comfort following the hell of the previous night, and after a three hour doze, I awoke and went to get some food.

I ate in the bar. The food is good, but expensive for what it is, although to be fair, no more so than any other airport hotel. After eating I did some work. WiFi is free and can be used on multiple devices, and speeds are accceptable enough to watch something on iPlayer. The TV has the full suite of Freeview channels which you do not always see in hotels (Holiday Inn's only feature a small subset for example). After some work, I then retired early.

My nights sleep was comfortable, the room a good temperature, and a massive bathtub meant I could at last have the soak denied me in the HIE.

Breakfast was free as an Hhonors elite member, and this was buffet style. The choice was good, the service attentive, but bigger tea pots are needed! The food was hot and tasty.

Check out was as efficient as check in - no issues with the bill, and everyone was friendly. This is my second review of the hotel, and it remains a solid value choice for the odd night at Heathrow.

Dear Wildthing271

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I am glad to hear that we met your expectations especially that you did not have a great night's sleep at the other hotel. Having one of our Loyal Hilton HHonors guest back is the only thing we ask for.

Thank you for your loyalty.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel without having seen it or knowing it's many weaknesses. I was pretty shocked at the size of the room I was given (more like a large closet). The neighborhood is pretty suspect and not nice looking and the service was fairly minimal. I am a Hilton Honors member and travel a lot. This location used to be a smaller chain hotel that was two stars at best and apparently there hasn't been much done yet by Hilton to improve it. I booked the hotel for a week and checked out after one night. It didn't help that I woke up in the middle of the night in great pain after having been bitten by a spider that left a nasty welt on my chest! On the plus side, it's pretty close to the airport and the breakfast buffet was on the standard/pretty good side.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tb H

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I am sorry to hear about your encounter with the spider. We take such incidents seriously as the safety of our guest is primordial. I can assure you that our rooms are cleaned and checked carefully to very high standards.I do hope you are much better now.

I am glad that location especially to the airport was to your requirements and that you enjoyed the breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back at hotel in the near future.

Anupreet Jeetun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranford
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport
Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow? Share your experiences!