I recently stayed at the Doubletree for a 3 day business trip. As a group of 4 (arriving at different times) we all had individual rooms however the booking for all 4 rooms was made against a single corporate card, the plan was to book all of our expenses to 1 room however upon check-in we were told this was unacceptable and that for all extras for each individual would need to be charged to the individual rooms, despite not all of our party having a suitable corporate card.
As a frequent traveler, never before have I been told this approach was unacceptable, the staff were very rude about the matter and insisted this was the case. We did not want to do this (as only 1 person had a corporate card, and was picking up all expenses) the check-in staff decided that we would need to pre-load our rooms with 'credit' on this card to the amount of £200. It was at this point it clicked that the staff simply did not trust us. Unfortunately the rooms were on a pre-paid rate so cancelling was not an option.
So all in all despite the rooms being pre-paid (to a total of over £750), an extra amount of 'credit' per room! Yet the staff didn't trust us and it put our business trip off to a very bad start. T
Despite all of this the rooms were clean, well presented and extremely comfortable. The gripe I would have is that if you're in an 'inner' room then you face in towards all other rooms and can see everyone in all their glory. So most of the time you will need to keep your curtains drawn for the privacy.
The hotel is run of the mill, on equal par to a premier inn, ramada etc. So don't be fooled by the association with the Hilton name. I'm unsure what this does to separate the hotels from the rest of the market. Apart from a free cookie on arrival that it.
Check-out was without a fuss and much to the hotel's surprise we paid our bill without a fuss ;)
In summary as a business we will probably not use this hotel again due to the fun and games on check-in, which I have to say is a shame given the frequency of trips in this area and the fact that it is actually a nice hotel and alternative to the other mainstream chains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a warm welcome, stylish contemporary comfort and a convenient location just ten minutes from London Heathrow Airport, check-in to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Heathrow Airport hotel. Enjoy a famous DoubleTree cookie on arrival at this Cranford hotel. Catch-up with friends or colleagues over a drink in the bar, or order a meal in The Brasserie where fresh produce is showcased in innovative dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada London Heathrow Hotel Cranford
- Ramada Hotel London Heathrow
- Ramada Hotel Cranford
- Hounslow Ramada
- Ramada Hounslow