Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Lynnhurst Hotel(Johnstone)
The Park Hotel(Kilmarnock)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsburnhouse manorpatelovely mealwedding mealcourse mealfrom start to finishbeautiful countrysidevenueannejackportions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Had my 30th birthday party here. Had a lovely meal in the afternoon before my party, food was excellent. All the staff were very friendly. Dj jim Marshall was excellent as well. It's an ideal venue for a party. All my guests had a lovely time.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Staceyann82
KatyKaskonas, Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Reveiwer,

Thank you for your review for Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We are delighted that you had a lovely meal in the afternoon before your party and found the food to be excellent and staff very friendly.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the main banqueting suite, it is an ideal venue for celebrations and we are delighted that Dj Jim Marshall was excellent too.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I recently celebrated my 30th birthday at the burnhouse manor hotel
In January!
It was a top hat and tiara themed evening which consisted of a red carpet entrance, chocolate fountain and evening buffet!
My family and close friends enjoyed a relaxed afternoon and a delicious meal prior to my evening party, which was very reasonably priced!
I had booked all the rooms in the hotel for my guests and not one complaint was expressed.
We all had a fantastic time, the staff were very helpful and friendly.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had my 30th birthday party at Burnhouse in November, staff all very helpful, venue was ideal for my party, all my guests loved it, food very tasty, no complaints, have an 18th there soon and really looking forward to it.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The venue looked amazing, all requests made by ourselves were met perfectly by staff.
Wedding suite is a great size very modern and clean throughout.
The most amazing thing that all other hotels do not allow is for you to bring your pets, we have two small dogs who were allowed to stay with us the whole time and share our amazing day.
The staff are extremely accommodating, friendly and eased the pressure by ensuring everything went to plan. And finally,compliments to chef/kitchen staff. Meals exceeded expectations.

Debbie & Cheryl Garment

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank CGarment
KatyKaskonas, General Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Debbie and Cheryl,

Thank you for taking the time to review Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We loved looking after you, your family and friends and we are delighted that you all enjoyed such a special day!

We hope you had a fabulous time in Mexico and a lovely Christmas.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went to veiw hotel for possible wedding. Went two hours before a wedding was due to start. At first sight through the door I thought i had went back in time really dated and in poor condition.The so called cermony room had two boards with a white sheet over them which was covering a stack of chairs that they had tried to hide. For walking down the makeshift aisle there was a manky red carpet that was 20 year old if it was a day. I nearly fell over entering the dining area caused by the hole in the carpet and by the state of the palce. The chairs looked like there were old garden furniture metal tables. As I went to touch the table it swung about very unstable felt like it was going to collapse at any time. The other side of room had a curtain across it and all you could see was chairs and tables stacked up where the curtain was open. I nearly burst out laughing when she said the cupboard that they hold the ceremony in was 500 pound. All I could think about was how sorry I felt for the people who were getting married there. My advice would be if you want to see the bottom of the scale wedding venues then go and have a look but never have a wedding there so so bad. Looking at the other reviews the hotel doesnt respond unless someone says something nice which isnt often. They clearly keep there head in the sand regarding the condition of the hotel. I am sorry i wasted my time going to view the cesspit

Room Tip: If you want a good room go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bwrx
KatyKaskonas, General Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Firstly I would like to note that I am unsure where you have visited as I do not believe that any of the points you have mentioned relate to Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

The first image you will see when entering the tree lined driveway into Burnhouse Manor will be our fairylights that are beautifully decorating the trees, second will be the Manor House building and on entrance to the Hotel there are 3 stunning droplet chandelier at the entrance and reception area.

Our Ceremony room is not carpeted and you will be able to view this on our website and facebook page to reafirm this, nor do we use garden furniture or metal tables inside or outside the hotel.

When you refer to the other side of the room having a carpet area - this is not the case we have a main function suite that is fully carpeted and a conservatory area that is has no carpet at all. You also mention a 'cupboard' that is used for the Ceremony, however we have 2 rooms one of which that holds up to 250 and the other that holds up to 110 seated for a ceremony and so once again I am unsure where you are referring to?

I would be delighted to organise a Show round of Burnhouse Manor Hotel, Ayrshire for you as we have been Winner of Best Wedding Venue in Scotland and Best Wedding Co-ordinator as voted by our Bride and Grooms since 2008.

Please contact me on 01560 488 006 or email katy@halohotels.co.uk and I also urge you to visit our Facebook site and Website for actual images of Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

General Manager and Wedding Co-ordinator