“Lunch”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burnhouse
Prestwick, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just back from lunch today it was excellent . Although we were the only people there as it was later on in the afternoon the service was excellent . Food first class and fresh veg is always a plus . We are staying over for a party night and the lovely girl on reception was so kind to show us the room we would be staying in . We are a party of 8 and are so looking forward to our party night in December thanks again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
KatyKaskonas, Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your lunch with us at Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We we always strive to provide excellent customer service and delicious homemade cuisine.

We are also launching our new restaurant theme in the next few weeks and we would be delighted to welcome you back to sample some of our new dishes!

We look forward to seeing you again for our Fabulous Christmas party night in December too.

Burnhouse Manor Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I held my full wedding at the Burnhouse Manor in September and the day could not have went any better. The venue is fantastic, food amazing. The best service i have ever experienced. My guests were so well taken care of from the minute myself and bridal party arrived on the friday night to when we all left on the sunday after breakfast. Katy and Claire were amazing, took care of the full set up for my cermony and reception and it was perfect. I had lots of extra things planned for throughout the day and nothing was too much bother for the staff to take care of for me. All staff were so friendly, helpful and attentive. Myself, my parents, and friends had dinner on the Friday night which was amazing we all ordered different items from the menu and it was all served fresh and was delicious. I still have wedding guests telling me how lovely the wedding meal was and i know everyone was happy with the cooked breakfasts we had on the saturday and sunday mornings. I had previously taken my family to the burnhouse for lunch prior to the wedding and was delighted with the service and food then. I really cannot stress how much i would recommend this hotel to people, either for a meal, a nights stay and especially for a wedding. Thank you so much you helped make our day so perfect.

Room Tip: I have rated swimming pool. This venue has does not have a swimming pool but the bridal suite has a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Wedding Day at Burnhouse Manor Hotel!
We are delighted that you had an amazing day and that all aspects of your experience with us was so good!
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Irvine, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just had my surprise party here and have to say the party was fab the staff are soo nice. My Husband booked us into the suite as a surprise too, so imagine my surprise when i found some one else's clothes in the wardrobe 3 inch dust on the lamps no t.v. working no bath mat, the sitting room table looked like some one had just left as there was ring marks all over it and while looking down the back of the cabinet where t.v sits to see if maybe a cable had came out and that's why it wasnt working was just full of empty milk tubs sugars and bits of other rubbish. It was such a let down. So therefor i would not recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank jacquiej390
KatyKaskonas, Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Mrs Johnstone,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor and for the email that you sent me last night regarding your party.

We are delighted to hear such lovely compliments regarding our staff and your party, I know that your husband and daughter organised a fabulous event and many of your guests spoke to me on the evening saying how much they enjoyed themselves.

We are really shocked at the comments regarding your room and as I said in my reply to your email first thing this morning we are investigating this fully despite being a number of weeks ago and the houskeepers will also be taken through the disciplinary process.

I notice that your review title is ' not very nice at all' which I feel really takes away from the service, food, venue and wonderful evening that you and your family had. I received a beautiful email from your daughter thanking all of the staff for the party and I only hope that they are not dissapointed at your comments on trip advisor.

Burnhouse Manor Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Burnhouse hotels

ayrshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recently attended a wedding meal and reception at this venue. I was not impressed with the standard of service that my family and I received. On arriving to the hotel ahead of the rest of the wedding guests we were herded in to the restaurant to a table in the corner right next to the kitchen door, when we asked if we could wait until the other wedding guests, especially the bride, groom and bridal party arrived we were told "no, we are doing a restaurant service". Earlier we were told by the bride that the hotel was going to do two sittings for the meal so everyone would be together. Previously we had paid for a 3 course meal from a set menu and a children’s menu, when we were ordering; the menu had changed and there was no Children’s menu, we were expected to pay for desert because they are only offering a 2 course meal. Everyone ordered the soup for starter which was Lentil and Carrot we assumed this was vegetarian friendly as there was nothing to indicate that it wasn’t. When it arrived it was clear the soup had been made with ham stock so my dad couldn’t eat it as he is a vegetarian, so it was sent back and the only alternative was melon which he didn’t like, nothing else was offered. For main courses we ordered penne pasta with a cheese sauce and garlic bread and my mum ordered steak pie. The steak pie was edible but was served with both chips and roast potatoes and hardly any veg (4bits of carrot, 2 sugar snap peas and 4 bits of turnip). The pasta was over cooked and mushy, the cheese sauce was very runny, floury tasting and was worse than a packet meal. The salad that accompanied it was dry and the garlic bread was clearly bought in, it wasn’t even cooked properly. The deserts were poor, chocolate profiter rolls with very little chocolate sauce making them tasteless. The Strawberry and cream desert was like eating strawberry flavoured toothpaste it was thick and the cream was over whipped. After reluctantly paying for our deserts we went through to the bar, just as the wedding party were arriving. The buffet at night was very poor with only Cheese Sandwiches available for vegetarians if it wasn’t for the food added by the bride and groom there would never have been enough food for all the guests.
I got the impression that staff really couldn’t be bothered.
Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The standard and service of food is disgraceful.

2 Thank 499indigo12
KatyKaskonas, General Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Myself and my staff would never 'herd' any guests into our restaurant and we were advised by the bride and groom to ensure everyone had eaten before they had arrived due to their Wedding car being delayed.

I truly believe that it is wrong to comment on one of our Customer's menu or buffet selection as this is down to their preference. In addition we do not allow external items of food to be brought into the hotel with exception of candy carts/ wedding cakes and so all of the items on the buffet were created by the chef.

I note you have mentioned you had a Wedding meal, this was not the case, as you are aware we arranged for the guests to dine in the restaurant, in a restaurant style to ease the stress of the Bride's day as the family had gone through a difficult time and were unable to budget for the guests to have a meal we arranged a £10.00 menu served in the restaurant.

I note that all of the other 49 guests who all dined with us from the Wedding party including the Bride, Groom and their children loved the food and commented on the fact the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and as always went above and beyond to ensure a wonderful Wedding Day regardless of the unusual dining service requested.

We received a beautiful review from the Bride and Groom who have also voted for us for Best Wedding Venue and Co-ordinator. I really am sorry that nothing was brought to any staff members attention at the time as we would have resolved anything immediatley.

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

Beith, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Where do we start? The beginning I guess!
On arrival place seemed deserted (We now know why!) and the staff member when we eventually traced one, had no idea how much we had paid or what was still to be paid!
On being shown to our room, we found it dated, dirty and tired! However we were there for one night as our boiler packed in so needed somewhere with hot water and local as it was a school night.
We arrived mid evening so immediately started getting wee one ready for bath and bed, only to discover once changed, there actually was no bath as had been advertised on site! It said all rooms had bath AND shower, not either or!
As we were already in a state of undress we decided to make do. However the one of the shower doors was a corner door which was jammed shut, and not being a small person I literally had to force my way into the shower!
Once the wee one was in bed we settled ready to have a cup of tea before bed, only to find there was none as again had been advertised, only coffee, which none of us drank!
As stated possibly these issues could have been resolved at the time with switch of room and provision of tea, but we only discovered these things once changed and settled.
Once asleep we were rudely awakened I believe around 11pm, by loud banging and crashing next door to us, which went on for some time. Turns out in the morning we found we were next to a store room where they keep the spare tables and chairs etc from functions!
On sitting down to breakfast, as stated before, we were the only ones there. In theory then it should have been easy to get our breakfast order correct, but no! We asked for 2 full breakfasts, one with no tomato or mushroom, and only bacon and sausage for our child. The order was never written down! I will spare you the various combinations, but lets just say it was the 4th attempt that finally came back with the right order, which by then some items had gone cold!
We should have stayed at home and washed in the sink with kettle water!
I then put pen to paper and got a response, writing all the points raised as technical problems, human error, and identified training needs for various staff members. All points for the future guests, but none addressing our terrible stay!
I wrote back in that vain, and got pretty much the same reply, saying it all could have been rectified at the time! Quite clearly it could not all have been, and some points I did not raise as had been changed and settled before finding the faults!
I did not feel the manager was adressing the problem, so asked for the owner or CEO or equivelant, to voice my opinion on our stay, and lack of customer service.
I was not given these contact details but instead asked by the manager what I wanted? I therefore suggested a refund or some form of compensation (which I would have thought they would have thought of themselves!)
The reply was again to suggest all points raised by me, had they been highlighted at the time would have been rectified. I did raise the breakfast issues at the time, and it took 4 attempts to get it right! If I had said about the noise to the staff, would they have taken me back in time to when I was previously asleep? I think not! Some but not all issue could have been sorted, but as stated we were settled, and dressed for bed when they were discovered!
I again made these points to the manager asking for the owner or CEO once again to voice my opinion. I received a reply stating the manager was not in the office and would reply on her return. Over 2 weeks and no reply, so I have contacted them yet again, and am still waiting!!!
This has been the worst stay at the time, and worst after service from staff we have ever experienced, and we have been to many countries around the world. Sad to say it's on our own doorstep! Steer clear indeed!!!

Room Tip: I believe we stayed in room 9, so if you are folley enough to still go there, avoid it like the plag...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Aiky333
KatyKaskonas, General Manager at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me direct regarding your stay with us at Burnhouse Manor Hotel, as you are aware I have responded to the request of compensation and offered recompense however I am still awating confirmation of this from you. I know that you have also been in contact with the owner of the hotel who has also spoken with you.

In addition I note that you state in your email that you will post your email on as many online sites as possible until you receive what you want. I have contacted trip advisor direct as we do not accept threatening comments of this nature.

I have addressed your points in my email response and to follow this I can confirm that all of our bedrooms have both shower and bath facilities except our ground floor room which you had requested prior to arrival, however we would have been delighted to arrange a different room for you if this was not suitable. I understand that you were in a 'state of undress' on discovering this, however we do have telephone facilities in the bedroom for you to contact the reception team to discuss this further and organise a different room if you had been prepared for us to assist you with moving.

I have spoken with the housekeeping team who had confirmed tea and coffee was available in your room, however human error can occur and if there were not enough tea bags for you again this could have been provided for you at any point by contacting reception from your bedroom telephone so that neither you or your partner would have had to come to the reception or bar area.

There is a small cupboard on the same level as our ground floor room, but as you are aware there was no events on in the hotel on that evening and so there would have been no need for the night manager to be moving items at all especially not at 11pm. I have spoken with the Manager who was on duty who confirms there was noone else on duty that evening after 9pm.

Our breakfast chef has confirmed that you had some specific requests for breakfast and these were all met and that no complaint was made at the time regarding your overall stay or breakfast specifically.

We always encourage guest feedback so that we can rectify any issues immediatley, I am sorry that you did not speak to anyone on the evening you arrived, during your stay or when you departed the following morning. As I mentioned I have contacted you following the receipt of your email sent a number of weeks after your stay and would be greatful if you could contact me direct.

Lanarkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel claims to be the 'home of good cooking'. Well, judging by our recent experience, it most certainly is not. We entered the bar of the hotel , with a fug of last nights party, and had to wait around for 10 minutes until someone came. They asked if 'we had booked' in a hotel that clearly was empty.
The dining room was pleasantly decorated but that was the only positive.The menu was pub food of twenty years ago, with cooking to go with it. Other customers asked about the special Sunday Carvery, only to be told it was in the kitchen as there were not enough guests, and was only roast beef.
The sea bass had obviously been frozen, and was limp, grey, and with wet skin - no crispy crust here. The steak pie was served in glutenous gravy, with pastry that had not been fully cooked.
Within three miles of here there are two good quality venues- our advice is to pass on by Burnhouse Manor,it is not worth the detour.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LanarkshireKillieboy
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your visit to Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

I note that you were asked by one of the servers if you had reserved a table, this is common practice in many restaurants to ensure that you are provided with the correct table.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the decoration in the hotel and restaurant.

I have passed your comments on to the chef regarding the steak pie and seabass on a bed of baby potatoes and chorizo, both of which are popular dishes on the menu and are not normally viewed as being ' pub food of 20 years ago'.

We also have items such as fajitas, haggis and blackpudding fritters and penne pasta with olives, capers and sunblushed tomatoes to name but a few - all of which are enjoyed by our customers and very modern in flavour.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

SCOTLAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel, we were there for a wedding. Food was excellent at wedding and breakfast was top quality, We were.bit disappointed in our room as headboard and light shades were thick with dust and carpet needed a hoover pity because overall it was a nice room but this just put us off it. when we booked in receptionist said we still had £60 to pay as we had only paid the deposit, but once my husband went onto his direct banking site it clearly showed we had made the full payment. (We were not the only couple this that happened to)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to review your stay and attendance at a Wedding with us at Burnhouse Manor Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the Wedding, food and breakfast was of top quality.

Thank you for your comments regarding your payment for the accomodation, we always take a deposit for a guest room as we are a small hotel and therefore fill quickly for events such as Weddings. We would not normally take a full pre-payment unless the guest advises us to do so, we apologise for any confusion regarding this at the time of booking.

In addition we are now looking at adjusting our booking procedure to ensure that there are no mix ups in the future.

Burnhouse Manor Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnhouse
Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel
#7 of 7 in East Kilbride
Halo Crowwood House Hotel
Halo Crowwood House Hotel
#89 of 96 in Glasgow

Been to Burnhouse Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!