Tripadvisor

Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Brough
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub-restaurant offering fabulous home made British cuisine in a cosy rural pub. Great outdoor space, perfect for outside dining. Dogs welcome in the bar (if they're good!). Booking essential
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Popped in for lunch ordered Welsh Rarebit,when it arrived there was no onion marmalade it was cold and extremely salty I couldn't eat it. I did complain and was offered another one or something else off the menu but declined. Not worth £5.50 it was a tiny piece of sourdough cut in half. Very disappointing definitely will not be going again. My husband had steak sandwich and he did enjoy it as least one of us was happy

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (592)

Reviewed January 19, 2020

On 17th January 2020 we held my husband’s surprise birthday party at this venue. We couldn’t thank The Triton enough. During organising the party the help was enormous, the food was delicious on the evening and they catered for last minute dietary requirements with ease. We could decorate the room during the day, however we wanted it, but it was already beautifully set up and help was available throughout the day. The room next to the party was also available to us alone so that a quieter area was available. In particular the young ladies who were working that night were extremely fun, helpful and worked extremely hard to make sure my husband had the best ever evening. Thank you so very much. Excellent venue, amazing food and brilliant staff. Thank you.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

It was obvious that the kitchen had some real culinary skills, the food was well cooked and nicely presented, excellent tastes.
The front of house however had a lot to be desired, too hot and very loud with lots of drunken guests and it was only 6:30pm on a Saturday night. The young waiting-on team needs more training which would raise the reputation hugely to match the food. More direction from a mature and experienced leader.
I wouldn’t rush back but may return on a week day night to avoid the cattle market called the weekend.

2  Thank JonnyOldham
Reviewed December 22, 2019

Well, I booked to eat at this place as a special occasion. What a bad decision that was.
We ordered the Sunday roast with their rib of beef, the plates arrived 2x adult ones with 1 slice of pink beef and under that was a thin slice of over cooked 'other' cut of beef. The child meal came with just the over done, tough 'other' cut of beef which was horrid. All of the meat was cold at time of eating.
The roast potatoes had been cooked for so long and kept standing, that the outer shell/crust was so hard to get through, and once you did, you got a mouth full of dry powdery potato. Again these potatoes were cold.

I could go on about the rest of the veg but I don't want to bore people.

Why didn't I complain? - Because the food took that long to get to us - to allow them to make some more would have taken an eon, so I didn't complain there and then.

Would I go back? Absolutely not! I would go far as to tell people to avoid the place. They advertise high end food and service, but I got overcooked cold rubbish!

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

Tea scallops £9.50 ridiculous price for tiny things. Crab Thermidor like baby sick awful. Mains pork & duck was nice just needed to be hotter .... unfortunately not very overwhelming. Will not be going back. Service was just ok.

1  Thank ransom85