“A Big improvement”

Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Brough
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub-restaurant offering fabulous home made British cuisine in a cosy rural pub. Great outdoor space, perfect for outside dining. Dogs welcome in the bar (if they're good!). Booking essential
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Much better decoratively inside since fire. Food very good but on the two occasions I visited the service was very slow, though not many customers. Staff tend to stand chatting and forgetting to put orders in, hence having to re-order two courses. Will give it another try in the New Year though, maybe they will have got a move on by then!

1  Thank Halcyon32

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We visited the newly refurbished Triton Inn in Brantingham for Sunday lunch on a overcast grey day before Christmas. The pub was bustling with families and walkers and the real wood fire in the corner was burning bright. The menu had a great mix of interesting specials and classic pub food...all from locally sourced suppliers.

I had the beef and my wife had the turkey. The food came out promptly, with a great veg selection and big home made Yorkshire puddings. The beef was especially good, cooked perfectly - a little bit pink in the middle. I had a home made spotted dick pudding with custard afterwards - it was beautifully spiced - you can tell when someone has spent time over a dish getting the flavours just right.

We'll definitely be back, this country pub is a real gem.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The possibility of a good evening was spoilt by poor communication by the staff when booking the evening for a group of work colleagues. Lack of preparation for the booking, lack of staff for the evening. Poor service made worse by an inexperienced waiter/ barman and an unhelpful person who appeared to be the manager. All in all not an establishment I would recommend.

1  Thank Calalf
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We popped in to the Triton last week, and happened upon their special Charity Quiz Night. There was a great atmosphere, so we decided to join in over dinner - and a good thing we did too! Aside from the quiz, which was great fun and for a really good cause, our food was absolutely superb. The cod in the Fish & Chips was delicious, and a very pleasant change from the usual dry fillets that are served up in pubs. It was big, juicy and perfectly cooked. The Brantingham Burger was equally big and juicy, and cooked just as my mother-in-law requested, and the homemade burger sauce was a fab addition! The star meal had to be the Guinea Fowl from the Specials menu however; absolutely delicious, especially the reduction gravy. The boys went on to Bread and Butter pudding with Salted Caramel sauce - I couldn't have managed to eat another bite, but they loved it! Next time I'll make sure to save room for pudding, as there were lots of things on the menu I'd have happily tucked in to. Not being from the area, I was unaware of the previous problems The Triton had had, and its recent closure. However, on the back of that one evening, it's gone to the top of my list of places to eat next time I visit the in-laws. The decor was modern and attractive, the staff very sweet and attentive, even though the pub was packed with diners and those enjoying the quiz, and the food was well above the standard you'd expect from a village pub. Apparently a Dining Room is opening in the New Year - can't wait to try it!!

1  Thank BazWarren
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Since this pub has been taken over, I've loved going every time! We've been three times now, and every time the food has been delicious. I love the fact they do seasonal fresh quality food. The place looks great and especially when the fire is lit on a night. We've been in the day after a walk and took the dogs who have been welcome too which is great and expected at a country pub. The staff are all really friendly and on the ball. We had to wait a bit once when it was really busy but they told us and it was worth the wait when it arrived. I recommend booking if your going on a weekend as it gets really full. So nice to have a great put in a great part of yorkshire. I'll be back again soon..

1  Thank tripmyadvice