“Moto Gp weekend”
Review of The Crown Hotel

The Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brackley
Reviewed September 2, 2013

On our resent Moto Gp weekend we stayed at the Crown Hotel in Brackley.
After reading previous reviews we were a little worried and anxious but we needn't have been as it wasn't as bad as it was portrayed, don't get me wrong 5 star its not but then its not claiming to be there is plenty of room for modernisation and improvement . The staff on a whole were friendly and helpful, My room was expectable, the shower was hot but you couldn't turn it on full as it filled the shower tray up and would over fill and flood the bathroom ,We had tea and coffee available in the room as well toiletries.parking at the rear of Hotel was a bit hit and miss but not to bad on a whole. Breakfast was ok i didn't eat at night so would be unfair to comment.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I were attending a friends party. Everything seemed ok on checking in, although the staff seemed very disinterested. On gaining access to our room, an unsuitably maintained door plate, which was sticking out, caught on my husbands shirt ripping the sleeve. I complained to the manager who said if I emailed him, showing me the address I could claim some recompense for the shirt. They did give me a sewing kit to make a temporary repair, however.
Whilst there, we tried to make tea in the room but the cups were dirty. The lighting was limited and lamps were placed so that they could not be plugged in. The bed was comfortable though.

When I emailed with photos to outline my claim, I received no answer, no further answer when contacting over the next few weeks, which is rude. I would expect good maintenance in a hotel that wishes customers to return, but this was met with lethargy and a couldn't careless attitude. What's more they lied as they had no intention of reimbursing us!

Room Tip: Don't go here spend your money somewhere that wants the business. The room was over priced too.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paula F
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff in this formerly splendid home now a characterful pub with accommodation. Uncomfortable bed and banging front door kept us awake til 4am. Adequate bar food for evening meal, although slow service probably due to wedding reception happening simultaneously. Wouldn't stay again but location perfect for our needs (Silverstone).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

A friendly welcome when we arrived and enquired for a room and booked the last available for that night. The room was very clean with comfortable beds. The restaurant was excellent and thoroughly recommend the steak as it was cooked to perfection as was the rest of the food. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheener2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here on Friday 26th July in room 24. The shower room was a disabled wet room with black mould on the walls. Even the toilet paper was damp.. Dingy bedroom with a cheap wardrobe that wouldn't shut properly. Poor cooked breakfast in the morning served by a manual from faulty towers wannabee. They boast of racing drivers staying there for F1. I wouldn't let my dog stay in that room.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

A very tired and unimpressive place. Needs a lot of help with fixtures and furniture. Staff very polite but certainly overpriced for what you get. I think all the food for dinner was made in the microwave. No flavour and overcooked ..all condiments packaged for dinner and breakfast. They tried to put us in the highest room on the uppermost floor which i refused and got a reaonable room on the first floor. It was one of the hottest days so at least we were cooler in this room with a cross breeze. Anyway if your expectations are not high..then this is the place for you. However am sure there is better in the neighborhood if you have time to research

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a haunted olde' coaching inn... Creaky and unlevel, room furniture is tired, and really needs updating, and not with cheap pine furniture .... We didn't have time for breakfast but can advise there was no glasses in the bedroom, very inconvenient.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brackley
10 mi away
Travelodge Buckingham
Travelodge Buckingham
#2 of 4 in Buckingham
Best Western Buckingham Hotel

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!